taxi to parking/gates

spuddi Guest

last week i took a triple 7 to Fes (saiss). when I landed I was handed off to ground. i selected "taxi to parking options" menu but there was only 1 option which was to change to "taxi to take off options" menu. there was no option to ask for parking/gates?

whats going on?

I'm sure I also had this with a 747 at Leeds Bradford.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

The airport in FS9 couldn't handle that size airplane. So they wont let it park. Just taxi to a space without instructions.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Happens pretty often to me. One thing to be sure of though, make sure you're fully off the runway and onto the taxiway. For some reason if you're still half and half when you contact ground it won't give you the option to park either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You can alter the parking slots with afcad2
Jared it the nail on the head

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yeah, you can't get a taxi to gate instruction unless you're off the runway. Try that, most international airports can fit a 777 somewhere.

To be clear of the runway and to prevent interference with the ILS, you must ensure that the whole aircraft is over the yellow standard hold lines (closest the runway) at all times or ILS hold lines (farthest from the runway) when ILS is in operation on that runway.

Standard hold lines are two solid lines and two dashed lines across the taxiway. The dashed lines are closest to the runway.

ILS hold lines are two solid lines with pairs of bars between them across the taxiway. They look like a ladder with some of the rungs missing.

Your aircraft is clear when it has completely crossed the solid lines in both cases.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Another thing, maybe there were no parking ramps left. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

Could be the problem if you have software like Ultimate Traffic

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

ILS hold lines are two solid lines with pairs of bars between them across the taxiway. They look like a ladder with some of the rungs missing.

Your aircraft is clear when it has completely crossed the solid lines in both cases.

I wondered what the two solid lines with pairs of bars between them across some taxiway represented. Thanks for that info

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

mypilot wrote:

Could be the problem if you have software like Ultimate Traffic

It happens to me even without Ultimate Traffic. I've downloaded all that traffic from Simviation. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...