Pc Spec - your thoughts on this set up please!

Pro Member Trainee
GoldDust Trainee

Hi all, im thinking of purchasing the belwo PC spec from Del.
i wanted some feedback as to what you would change on the list or if the list below is good for FSX running at max with add ons scenery etc..

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Extreme Processor QX6850 ( 3.00GHz, 1333Mhz FSB, 8MB cache )

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium -

MEMORY 3072MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024+2x512]

HARD DRIVE 1TB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe (2x500GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst™ cache)

OPTICAL DRIVE VISTA ONLY - 16X DVD+/-RW Drive

GRAPHICS CARD SINGLE 768MB nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GTX graphics card

SOUND CARD Sound Blaster® X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI Soundcard edit

whats your thoughts on this setup?

Last edited by GoldDust on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I think its very good 😉

Pro Member Trainee
GoldDust Trainee

price £1,799.86 from dell...

Obviously i havnt included the extras like monitor and warrenty. is this a good price for the setup above?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That looks like a lap top... do you have a link?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great desktop setup that should run FSX very well. I don't think you'll be able to run FSX with every possible feature at maximum, I don't think any present day computer can. A nice setup, don't think you could get much better. Here are some hardware charts for reference.

This may also be of interest, GFW's Ultimate Gaming Machine
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156027

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...