SDK trouble

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

Hi all! I got FSX 2 months ago and just found out about SDK recently.I installed it correctly(SDK and FSX). It's supposed to appear in the main FSX menu in the game(correct me if im wrong).But it's not there. Checked the fsx.cfg, SDK in default location,dll.xml all right but still, i have no access to SDK AT ALL. When I browse the file(SDK in default loaction), all i get is some lousy examples making me more and more envy. Oh yes, my FSX is in drive D instead of C. Could this mean anything or I need an SDK update. Can anyone Help Please! Crying or Very sad

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The SDK stands for Software Development Kit, it's designed to help people that want to make add on's and/or edit programing within FSX. If you don't plan to create or alter add on's for FSX, you don't need it. It's of no use to you and it's not simple to use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_development_kit

Normally, the default location for programs in drive C, you probably will have to manually tell the install that your FSX in on drive D.

There are two updates for the FSX SDK and two updates for FSX. You can download them from Microsoft at the link below.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/87/other/

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Normally, the default location for programs in drive C, you probably will have to manually tell the install that your FSX in on drive D.

Does that mean I have to install it into D? Thats All?! Oh and i really wanna make a mission that don't bore me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Normally during installation, the destination of the files will be shown for your conformation(C:/ Microsoft/flight simulator X/---------, make sure it's the correct location of your FSX files such as (D:/Microsoft/flight simulator X/-----) as an example. So the answer is...yes.

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Normally during installation, the destination of the files will be shown for your conformation(C:/ Microsoft/flight simulator X/---------, make sure it's the correct location of your FSX files such as (D:/Microsoft/flight simulator X/-----) as an example. So the answer is...yes.

OK!! I'll try that!! Wish me luck 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

Did not work Crying or Very sad I uninstalled it and installed into my D. Then went to the update thing in the file, said yes. So opened FSX, it did not ask me to run SDK or not. I know how it's supposed to ask me, as I had other add-ons before.

Pro Member Trainee
Kais767 Trainee

Maybe this is a clue. My FSX is in D:\new folder.
I insalled my SDK into that folder too. Could this mean anything? Is it because in the dll.xml its like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
- <Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Anything wrong? Oh, and I edited the 3 paths that was originally ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\------

Should I have left it alone?
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Do you have FSX DeLuxe or Standard?

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

If you have Deluxe, check out PTaylor's blog. There are four different combinations of SDK and FSX service packs. You must have the proper combination of both for the SDK to work properly. I'm sorry, but I don't have his URL. It should be easy to find. I know he reads this forum - maybe he will be kind enough to post here and give you some help. Help!
Regards ... Art

Pro Member Trainee
basys Trainee

Hi Folks

If your tools menu is not displaying on the menu bar,
please see - FS Developer - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)

HTH
ATB
Paul

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Thank you basys, that's the one. Look under "versions". 🙂

Later ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

can anyone help me install the sdk, ive tried it myself but i take one step forward and three steps back all the time
ive followed various sets of instructions but its just not working for me

can anyone help ?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...