fs on a big screen

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok i just hooked my comp up to my tv(42" high def) and FS seemed so real i thought i was actually in a plane! it was so cool i advise that you guys do this

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

First, I need 42'' HI-DEF. TV! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

ok i just hooked my comp up to my tv(42" high def) and FS seemed so real i thought i was actually in a plane! it was so cool i advise that you guys do this

How have you done this exactly? I have a 26 inch HDTV and would like to do the same...or at least try perhaps 🙄

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

all i did was hook up a S-video cable to the video card slot and hooked the av cables up to my tv and just used my computer speakers but to see the screen on your tv you have to go to the menu and put it into DGI input(or somin like that or go through like video1 - video 2 etc.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Been doing this for awhile now, on a 40" samsung 1080p.First on VGA, now on HDMI.It's a must! will never go back to a 19" or whatever.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well since i just tried this i was wondering if it could mess up your tv after alot of use with a computer?

Pro Member First Officer

I know or have heard story's about, when leaving 'plasma' tv's on for too long with one image displayed, the image will tend to 'stick'or go 'green'.But other than that, no.
Cathode ray tv's can last forever, but don't have the best quality
Plasma tv's last for around 7 -15 years(dont quote me) and the pixels are to far apart for me.
LCD tv's aren't the best for fast action(like sports etc.)But the new ones coming out have gotten alot better,but are alot better when the suns shining in your room than the others, and the experts believe they will last for around 30 years.
The thing I've been keeping an eye out for is this new one called 'laser tv'
, and the picture quality....well its laser...you cant get any better than that...Here I go again, breaking into a cold sweat....

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I'm currently using a 17" Xerox monitor whis is great but i have sitting under my desk a new 22" Samsung monitor which is waiting for my new PC to be delivered. Can't wait to see FS on it, it's going to be SOOOOO cool 😛

Pro Member First Officer

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...