take off on aircraft carrier

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

How do you take off from an aircraft carrier? Not how do you do it, but how do you get your airplane to START on the carrier instead of an airport. The only time I can do that is in the simulation when it starts you on the carrier to begin with. Is the aircraft carrier listed as a runway or airport etc? ❓

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

well i dont know i realy want to take off one and i know how to you put the parking brake on till the engens are fully reved up, then let the brakes off then you pull up and it should work!!

just here to help!

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

There are the missions you can do that start you out on a carrier, but I have no idea how to start out there in free flight!

And there's a working cat to launch you from the deck, no parking brake necessary.

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

abacus flight deck 4 add on lets u fly carrier compatable ac's & heli's starting on the ac carrier there are 4 different carrier locations ps. flight deck 4 is better than 5 i think

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ohboy710 as you can see it would really help if you informed us which carrier(s) you have. They don't all work the same way.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

^^ I agree^^ Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

FD4 and FD5 work flawlessly in fs9 Ha Ha

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

emerald_flag wrote:

all the flightdecks are crap

because abacus makes them

warlord40 wrote:

^^ I agree^^ Yes

^^^ I agree also Yes ^^^

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The worst guarded secret in the flightsim community is NOT to use the a/c. Why would you in fs9 anyway when there are so many superior COPS-ready or capable freeware a/c available for fs9?

Last edited by Tailhook on Tue May 06, 2008 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

FD 4&5 WORK PERFECTLY ON MY FSX

Pro Member First Officer

lol just luck

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

chez64 wrote:

lol just luck

So true.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Log onto the Flight Sim Insider home page (fsinsider.com) where you'll find a list of aircraft carrier locations right in the FSX default version. You can check it out or simply log onto simtours.net/defaultaircraftcarriers.php yourself. Hope this helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...