FSX Freezes on Instant Replay?

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Anyone else having this problem? Most of the time, whenever I select Options/Instant Replay after I have landed (to view my landing techniques via the tower), FSX locks up completely. In fact, sometimes so badly my entire computer locks up and I have to power the machine off.

Any ideas, fixes, thoughts?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Post your system specs and we might get an idea from those.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Sorry...

Dell XPS 200, Windows XP
2.8GHZ, 2Gigs RAM
GEForce 7300 GS card

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, forgot.
The processor isn't the best but should handle it well at medium settings.

The video card (if my search is correct) is of low quality and could be your bottleneck.
The first thing I would do is defrag, then open the case and clean out all the dust. Pay close attention to the CPU fan or grid for dust caking in it.

Clean out your old drivers and load newer ones, not the latest on an older card but newer than you have.

Lower the autogen settings and turn off all the AI settings, now see how it works.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Thanks...I appreciate the info.

Actually, I was under the impression that the 7300GS card was one of the better ones for the price and since the XPS200 is a shallow case, I had to have a low profile card. Any better recommendations would be great!

FSX on my machine runs pretty solid right now with the settings I found at:

http://www.fsx.co.za/showthread.php?t=660

The only hitch has been the ocassional freeze on Instant Replay mode.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Being a long time ATi user I can't suggest a new card but possibly someone else can.
If that's your only problem with running FSX, I'd live with it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...