FSX INSTANT REPLAY.......JERKY!

Pro Member Trainee
Dennis (Renegade) Trainee

Hi guys...& girls! 😀

I've done some checking around and haven't found anyone complaining about this particular problem so I hope I'm not doing a repeat here. Using "FSX Deluxe", every time I do an instant replay, the replay is slow and very jerky!!! Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?!
I'm using a 3.4 GPU, a PNY 8800 GTS video card and 4 gigs of ram. Oh, and I'm playing FSX on Vista. I also have XP installed on the same machine and I "could" install FSX on the XP partition if I had to. Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

Renegade

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

hi This is how instant replay works in FSX it is never really smooth. try watching your landing from the control tower.

Pro Member Trainee

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I just don't get it! FS 9 instant replay was nice and smooth. Why in the world would "MS" take so long making FSX and pay so little attention to the "instant replay" segment of the sim?!!! Makes no sense to me at all....period! Mad

Pro Member Trainee

Hi Llain!

Well.....you were right! I just tried the "tower" view to watch the landings and it worked nice and smooth! Thanks!

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

I dont agree completely. On a much inferior system I'm able to watch replays at 25fps from any angle including spot, tower.

Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

HI I think the speed of your pc will have a big impact on the frame rate in instant replay and i am not sure how much imformation FSX records for instant replays. I have the same pc spec as you and my instant replays are the same as yours.
I use instant replays for takeoff and landings when i fly my Level D 767, I find the tower view to be the best.

Happy flying

Pro Member Trainee

Well, thanks again to both of you, but I'd like to know what settings abmukh80 is using because common sense tells me that my machine should be able to run instant replay much better.

Happy Landings

Pro Member First Officer
Lee198 First Officer

Hi Renegade,

I'm not sure this is to do with frame rates, cos my setup runs very fast, but I get a similar effect in I.R. mode. I tried switching from Spot view to Fixed Spot and the problem stopped.

Regards,

Lee

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Well here are my basic specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo on D946 motherboard
NVidia 8600 GTS 256mb card
2 GB Ram DDR-2 667 mhz
Seagate 320 GB HDD
All running on Win XP SP@ with FSX SP1

I think its just above average PC. The good thing though is the XFX 256 mb card!!! Its performance is better than any 512 mb card! Trust me on this....

Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I have the same problem. My solution is to set view mode to >outside>locked mode. No problem

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...