Instant Reply Jumpy

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I have really enjoyed getting some neat aircraft from this site and read allot of the forum, but haven't seen the problem I am having with FSX and instant replay. Seems when I am running instant replay from an outside view the image jitters and jumps around. The airplane will move in and out. Is there some kind of tweak or fix for this type of problem? I am running a AMD Athlon Dual Core processor at 3.0Ghz, with 2GB of Ram and a Invidia 8800 GT 512 graphics card, . Any help would greatly apprecited. By the way that is the only issue I have with this sim. I play it allot and really enjoy flying the aircraft I download from this site.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I agree with you, I've not seen others complain about this.

The answer is in how "instant replay" works. During a flight, your point position and attitude (yaw/pitch/heading) is recorded in a temporary file on your hard drive every time a frame is up dated. This temporary file is deleted when you exit or save a flight mission. I get annoyed about that because I save during a flight but loose "View Flight Analysis" data prior to the last save. Instant Replay uses this file to reconstruct a time period of the flight. An instant replay can't show control surface movements or visible nearby traffic.

I suspect you computer is having difficultly writing or reading data from the hard drive smoothly. Maybe disk cleanup and defraging could help.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Oldsamer...I would agree. I also noticed the control surfaces and the landing lights do not work in Instant Replay. If I run Instant Replay after I have shut down the aircraft, it assumes that configuration when viewing Instant Replay. I believe the cockpit view on Instant Replay is normal, just the outside view is jerky. I will clean my disk drive (defrag) and see if that helps.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

It won't, its from Aces.

http://www.fs-recorder.net

So much better.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks Razgr1z912, I have downloaded it and will test it out. I ran more tests earlier and found inside the cockpit is smooth, the side view, outside is smooth, only the outside view, where I can move the view around the plane is jerky. Hopefully, this add-on will solve that problem for me.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

fasteddie60

I have the same problem and I have a relatively good system with Gforce 880 gtx card and 3.6 Gh CPU+ 2Gb mem.. In my case I am switching to outside->locked view and it is ok. Please let me know if it is helps in your case. See previous posts on the subject from the Jan-2008 (FSX INSTANT REPLAY.......JERKY!)

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Rafi...yea, I noticed my outside locked view works just fine. I will investigate the Jan '08 discussion and see if that will help me. I downloaded the recorder that Razgr1z912 suggested, but I am unable to understand how to make it work, I must be missing something here.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Rafi

I cannot find the Jan-2008 (FSX INSTANT REPLAY.......JERKY!) reply. I tried Flight Simulator X General and Flight Simulator X addons/downloads.
Can you give me a page number?

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

fasteddie60
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/31660/fsx-instant-replayjerky/

from : Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:59 am Post subject: FSX INSTANT REPLAY.......JERKY! In Flight simulator X General I don’t know if it is going to help you. Maybe if U contact the members from the previous posts and ask them what they did …? Let me know.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Thanks, Rafi...I will check it out and let you know what I find.

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Rafi

I just read the info sent in January 2008 and believe I will now use the tower view or the fixed position view to look at my landings from now on. It appears to be the best and smoothest views, anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...