Terrain add-on compatibility

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

I'm looking to push the FS9 scenery as far as it can go in terms of terrain mesh and texture and sky textures.

After reading this: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/3scene/3scene.htm I can see that I don't have a program to improve the mesh (the 3d element?) of the terrain as i only have the following:

Flight Environment
Ground Environment Pro
Ultimate Terrain

My questions:

1. So, given the above, what program would best compliment these? FS Genesis or FS Global 2008 or something else

2. Would they all run happily together or am I duplicating things here? For example, i'm thinking that if I installed, say, FS Genesis, over which went Ultimate terrain then there wouldn't be a need for ground environment pro - or would there?

3. What would be your order of installation and scnerey priority within fs9?

4. What are your add-on recommendations for the best FS9 Scenery experience?

Thanks guys.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

FsGenesis is much better than FsGlobal and If you want Genesis go get it now! They got FSX and Fs2004 bundles on! Fs9 was $124, I got it for $29!

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Thanks for that.

I notice from a similar thread that you have Ultimate terrain, Ground environment Pro and FS Genesis working together. Can I ask you what the order within FS scenery priority should be for this? Also, do you recommend an order of installation?

Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee
    -FS9
    -FS9 Update (9.0-9.1)
    -Mesh
    -Terrain (etc Ultimate Terrain USA)
    -Scenery
    -Ultilites
    -Other Addons

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...