Need help with Headset Config...

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

As in Header, I need help with my Headset Configeration........

I just bought this Headset of Ebay, Not the best headset but its just a simple one i wanted (and cheap 😂 )

But im having some trouble now.

On my laptop i only have 2 holes. (Headfones & Mic)

But i wont it so that my laptop speakers still get the engine & plane noices coming out of them but i wont other things like Online Multiplayer ATC voices to come out my headset speakers?

But when i put my Green Speaker Plug of my headset into the hole it cutes off my main speakers and all noise comes out the headset

Here are couple pics on what i mean,

By the way theres prob a better way to say it other than Holes 😂 but i couldnt think of what it was called so it just holes for me. 😂

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
drwhoere Trainee

hi mate the pink one is the microphone and green is headphones

Pro Member Captain

drwhoere wrote:

hi mate the pink one is the microphone and green is headphones

Not being horrible mate, but do you think im that thik ?

I know what ones are what. I was saying as above want ConFIG!!! So when i plug my GREEN one into its its plug hole, that i only get the ATC from online but still want the Planes Engine noise to come out my main speakers.

But as i said above when i plug the GREEN one in it cuts off the main speakers !

EDIT: I forgot to say, IM useing Windows Vista

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Hi Morris,

The holes are jacks. The head phone jack has a built in switch, such that when you plug into it, the audio is cut-off to the speakers and routed to the head phones. I think it is strictly a hardware problem. I'm afraid that I can offer no help to you. Sorry!

🍻

Art

Pro Member Captain

Thankyou, Art.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

As said, there's no simple way to do what you want to do. Using the jack reroutes all sound output via the headset, and Windows doesn't know the difference between aircraft engine noise and ATC.

Such a thing might be possible if you used a USB headset and an online ATC like VATSIM, but that's just a guess and even if it could be done, I've no idea how.

Pro Member Captain

antone wrote:

Such a thing might be possible if you used a USB headset and an online ATC like VATSIM, but that's just a guess and even if it could be done, I've no idea how.

This is possible some way.

When i played FSX on my old computer when useing XP i used to have a USB Headset and i did some sort of thing that made all the ATC come out the headset but i guess as you said, All sound is redirected when the Jack i pluged in.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Sorry Morris... but go usb, and all your troubles will disapear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I have to agree with everyone else...

You cannot do what you want to do with the headset you have... sorry.

You HAVE to have a USB headset... that way you can keep the windows sound settings on the speakers, and then use the headset strictly for multiplayer voices like VATSIM or Teamspeak.

Pro Member Captain

Yea i thinking now to buy this other one.

Its £15.00 on ebay that normal retail's around £40.00 so it isnt bad 😀

AND ITS USB 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

That should work fine... can you return the other one?

Pro Member Captain

belgeode wrote:

That should work fine... can you return the other one?

No but that only cost me £2.50 < That includes Postage aswell. So im not bothered that much about it.

Pro Member First Officer

bel, to the rescue again. Does anyone know if those USB phones actually reproduce 5.1 sound, or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks in advance ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain

gimmick.... as far as I know.

Pro Member First Officer

Well after reading your comments fella's, I had to check mine, cause they where supposedly 5.1 as well...these: http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=122
So in all my wisdom, Idea , pulled out the trusty old screwdriver, and ripped them to shreds, only to be pleasantly surprised to find three speakers in both left and right sides whala 5.1!!!
The software program that comes with it, provides the decoder.
Mind you, it was alot harder putting the bloody things back together 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

warlord40 wrote:

Well after reading your comments fella's, I had to check mine, cause they where supposedly 5.1 as well...these: http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=122
So in all my wisdom, Idea , pulled out the trusty old screwdriver, and ripped them to shreds, only to be pleasantly surprised to find three speakers in both left and right sides whala 5.1!!!
The software program that comes with it, provides the decoder.
Mind you, it was alot harder putting the bloody things back together 😂

Hahahhaa 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Aaah, but the question is, even though the phones have all those drivers, does the sound seem to be coming from all around you? In other words, with standard stereo head phones, the sound is always in the middle of your head. Question is, with the USB phones, do you get the impression of sound emminating from the front as well as the sides, and rear, as in a true 5.1 format?

5.1 is: (1)Left front, (2)Center front, (3)Right front, (4)Left surround, (5)Right surround, (.1)Boom

😕

Art

Pro Member First Officer

I think the big difference, from headphone to say a stereo system, is the vastness of space sound reverberating off of walls and such, before it reaches your ear, with the headphone speakers, the distance is cut short, mainly the response delay between the drivers has to be differently calculated.For which they have done a magnificant job.
In answer to your question...yes, in the software program they provided, they include a 5.1 surround sound test where you can flick on and flick off the different speakers as they woulld appear in a full system, you can also rotate the whole speaker assortment, and also move the speakers (individualy)closer or further away.
They also include- as I have mentioned on another forum, that they include two subwoofer settings which actually vibrate your head and provide my lust for that deep 20hertz bass that I would usually only pick up on my 18 inch Wharfadale powered subwoofer Twisted Evil
I tell you now... there is nothing quite as exciting as starting up the engines of a blackbird, and actually feel it! 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the info warlord. So, it seems that even though the phones have multiple drivers, it still takes some software to create the sonic experience. Now the only problem is, which brand offers the best sound for the price. I would trust your judgement. If you were to pass along which ones you are using, it would be very much appreciated. I have looked on the net, and read some reviews, but the information seems to be very sparse as to software features, such as the ones you referred to. Unfortunately, there is no where to go and listen to the flight simulator sounds, so I must depend on someone elses opinion, and I would certainly respect yours.

🍻

Thanks in advance ... Art

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

A great big THANKYOU gents, the headset problem was puzzling me aswell.

One question though,does it mean my sound card is now U/S?

Cheers,

Rob.

Pro Member Captain

Hey guys. (Again)

I was searching around and i remembers this adapter i looked at some months ago.

So Will this work ?

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

mite do or you can just do this,

does me fine

Pro Member First Officer

These are the ones Art, http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=122
When I ordered these, I really didn't expect much for the price they were, but I stood corrected.
If you are interested in these make sure that you fiddle around with the equalizer and settings, to your satisfaction.
I use these for making music as well, they are basically studio grade.
edit: hahaha i just noticed your a retired pro-audio design engineer....and your asking me??? very cheeky 😂

Sorry Morris, the hub your looking at is just for people who have a usb port but no mic/headphone sockets (or need more), and chez that will only work if he has realtec built in audio as well

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

realtek is a free download... somwhere

Pro Member First Officer

Thank you again warlord, I will have a listen if I can find a dealer. I got out of the "biz" about ten years ago, just as the digital revolution was taking place. That was when all those "golden eared" idiots claimed that they could hear the difference in which brand of wire you used to connect your speakers to your power amp. It was a good time to leave.

🍻

Art

Pro Member Chief Captain

You mean I am wasting my money connecting Monster brand cables to my speakers? I should just get the radio shack brand? hee hee.

Pro Member First Officer

Nope, not if you can hear the difference between it and plain old twelve gauge lamp cord. I know I never could. There were even people who said they could tell which switch sounded better. 😎 Some would even tell you how old the transistors in your amplifier were. I never argued with them. It's a great business to be out of.

🍻

Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...