Making a wireless headset

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hi, 😀
Crosscheck9, remember in june(or was it july?)when you asked for help making a wireless headset? Me and Pilau(whom i haven't seen lately 😕 ) Said you could use a set of walkie talkies. You said you where on holiday, but you promised to bring up the post again in september when you got back. That's now! 😂 Did something change or are you still up for it? I think it would be rather easy,and i would greatly enjoy helping you.

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

heyyy I remember that!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

hehe, thanks for bringing that up guys. I remember about 1 week after I made my post, I was told something along the lines of the receiver won't pick up the frequency transmitted by the transmitter...Still, I think I'll try it out and see how it works. I'll take pics for you 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

it will- The quartz is at the same frequency, otherwise the other guy couldn't hear you. so what i wnt you to do, is turn both walkie talkies to the same channel before turning them off if you have that option,and them turn them off and remvove the cover. Inside, take a picture of both sides of the circuit board, you'll probably need to unscrew it. That's all until then.

Pro Member Captain

HMS, I instantly got to work before reading your post, unfortunately.

I think I can still recover though. After my work, I found out that there were no transmissions despite my effort on certain occasions. I don't know why this is. Also, there is a heck of a lot of static. If this is what it would sound like, there's no point in going through with it. Any suggestions...Pics Below

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I know that the magic of created by yourself is unique but check this ➡

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1640

I bought it last year for 90euros in order to transmit the MP3s i have in my PC to my Amplifier which is far away from my room.

It works more than great and probably now would be cheaper then the 90euros i gave for it. 😉

Pro Member Captain

ooooh GM, that seems perfect!! You've directed me to the perfect product!! I can't thank you enough 😀

Unfortunately, its price is what throws me off the ship. Thats the reason I was trying to create my own. I have no prior experience with electronics to this extent, however I still decided to put theory to practice.

Now, however, I have something to work up to. I can try and find some work to do and summon the money in time. Thank you very much 😉

PS: I apologize for the sizes of pictures above. I don't know why that happened.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

ooooh GM, that seems perfect!! You've directed me to the perfect product!! I can't thank you enough 😀

Unfortunately, its price is what throws me off the ship. Thats the reason I was trying to create my own. I have no prior experience with electronics to this extent, however I still decided to put theory to practice.

Now, however, I have something to work up to. I can try and find some work to do and summon the money in time. Thank you very much 😉

PS: I apologize for the sizes of pictures above. I don't know why that happened.

When is your Birthday ❓ 😀 😉

No problem about the size 😉

Pro Member Captain

hehe, very nice of you GM, but thats quite alright 😂

My Gosh, and to think, if I hadn't gotten into simulation, I wouldn't have met people like yourself 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

hehe, very nice of you GM, but thats quite alright 😂

My Gosh, and to think, if I hadn't gotten into simulation, I wouldn't have met people like yourself 😉

Neither we would have the pleasure to meet you Captain 😉 👍

Pro Member Captain

Embarassed Thank you very much dear friend 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, that day I randomly chose fs2004 cause i wanted a good flight sim changed my life completley.It lead me to know more about everything about computer, but best of all, it led me here!

Crosscheck,I apologise, but I think I brought up this topic a bit to early. Could we pospone it another week or two? I'm in germany, and right now I'm a 26k'er. 2 of the pictures didn't load and I ran out of patience waiting for the others, it took 2 minutes for a quarter of it. In 2 weeks or so I'll be in abu dhabi, with BROADBAND YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY111!!!!!!*clearing throat*sorry for that, but i just ent through 2 weeks of 56k and 3 weeks of 25k. 🙄 😉 😕 😞 . I promise I'll help though. I think I might go to an internet cafe tommorrow, I can post there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dear Crosscheck since I had a little time in my office today so I decide to roll-back a little in past to the nice days of electronics…constructions. 😉

Well my friend if you want to hear voice from a headset from your Walkie Talkies there are two different issues.
The one is how to hear (The easy one)and the other easy how to take the sound from your sound card.(The difficult part for you 😞 )
Lets take the easy one.
First of all you need to buy a Monophonic female Jack.
Then solder your speaker's wires to the two pins of it.
If your speaker shows you the polarity ( + - ) you have to solder the ( ) to Jacks () (If you get it from an electronic parts store ask them to show you which one is the ( ) Ground)…
No matter if you cant find the polarity though...Go ahead...
If everything goes well when you plug your headset jack in your new connector you can hear voices…(Not from another world… 😂 )

The difficult part is to do the same thing in order to take the sound from your systems line out.
In this case you have to use your microphones wires BUT you need to put in serial a Voice Transformer (In order to protect your sound card ans not only and also cut or un-sold an 8Ω resistor from your microphone's circuit...
Since you are not able to find this resistor and also to plug the Voice transformer I don’t suggest you to try it.
f you can send me your Walkie Talkies model and if they are from a decent brand (but as I see from your shots probably they are Chinese stuff…-not offensive to your gadget my friend) I could try to search and check the circuit diagram and let you know about it.
Other solution is to have always on your microphone in front of your speakers but I doubt for the quality you will receive in your ears…. 😳 Fear 🤔

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Well my friend if you want to hear voice from a headset from your Walkie Talkies there are two different issues.
The one is how to hear (The easy one)and the other easy how to take the sound from your sound card.(The difficult part for you 😞 )
Lets take the easy one.
First of all you need to buy a Monophonic female Jack.
Then solder your speaker's wires to the two pins of it.
If your speaker shows you the polarity ( + - ) you have to solder the ( ) to Jacks () (If you get it from an electronic parts store ask them to show you which one is the ( ) Ground)…
No matter if you cant find the polarity though...Go ahead...
If everything goes well when you plug your headset jack in your new connector you can hear voices…(Not from another world… 😂 )

The difficult part is to do the same thing in order to take the sound from your systems line out.
In this case you have to use your microphones wires BUT you need to put in serial a Voice Transformer (In order to protect your sound card ans not only and also cut or un-sold an 8Ω resistor from your microphone's circuit...
Since you are not able to find this resistor and also to plug the Voice transformer I don’t suggest you to try it.
f you can send me your Walkie Talkies model and if they are from a decent brand (but as I see from your shots probably they are Chinese stuff…-not offensive to your gadget my friend) I could try to search and check the circuit diagram and let you know about it.

Anyone remember Brains from Thunderbirds? 😂

Just kidding GM 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Very nice, gm, I didn't think of that, but crosscheck doesn't want to listen through his walkie talkie, he just wants to make his headset wireless. Did I get confused? Normall, he would just take the quartz and the receiver and transmitter and stick the receiver in the headset and the transmitter in the sound jack(not to forget the amplifier).It would as you said be much more complicated if he wanted to transmit voice, but I don't know if his headset has a microphone.

Pro Member Captain

Yes, that is correct, my intentions are to manipulate the function of the walkie-talkie's so as to make myself a pair of wireless headphones. GM, so far, I've hit a road block, however I seem to think that somehow, it is possible to use your method in order to acheive my results. I'll keep thinking, because I'm sure there's a way around it. Thank you very much for the suggestion. Anything within this projects vicinity may help, seeing as how it is possible to mold preconceived ideas into what you need. Thanks for taking the time

The problem is that the theory seems flawless. The practice is nothing but flaws! 😕

Who knows, maybe it'll work 😂

Thank you all for your help, and hms, I appreicate your kind motive to aid the situation and I'm more than thankful for your incentive; and you can take all the time you need. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Crosscheck if you want further and more detailed instrunction PM me or e-mail and i ll do my best 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...