Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

How to install aircraft in FSX

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

randomme
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:31 am 

I tried that but it didn't seem to work.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:26 pm 

Read the install instructions again and try them step by step.
They may not be the best but they should guide you.

Don't forget the read-me that came with the download.

Radar

randomme
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 am 

Thank you very much for the advise. I ended up looking at how the other folders were set out and copying them, it now works perfectly. Very Happy
JacobGee
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 am 

I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:41 pm 

JacobGee wrote:
I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Radar

sweetcakes
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:16 am 

My son has just got connected to fly away and we downloaded red arrows but can't get it into Micro FX we have read the hits but it was still to didn't clear anything up.All we can do is take the computer to PC world or get an engineer to come to the house. thanks for the disapointment.

sweetcakes
DavidSkylark
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:59 am 

All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 am 

DavidSkylark wrote:
All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?

Go into the Sims menu, go to the graphics tab and uncheck the DX10 box.

Radar

HarryNostrant
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm 

What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm 

HarryNostrant wrote:
What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?

If I understand you, put them on your desktop and unzip them there.

Radar

Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 am 

HarryNostrant wrote:

It doesn't matter where you have your 'downloads'. You can even leave them on your flash drive. The important thing is that you have to extract the contents of the .zip files ('downloads') FIRST by right-clicking on a .zip file and following the Wizard.

Then you copy and paste the individual parts where they belong using Windows Explorer.
Jaybird21285
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:04 pm 

Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 pm 

Jaybird21285 wrote:
Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?

Just place the panel.cfg files into the appropriate panel folders, that's where they belong.
bigernie3754
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:02 am 

i have tried and tried and this is becoming bs, i tried to follow the instructions but i right click and there is no option to send to other files, and if i put in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

it say unknown,
chelseafc222
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:08 pm 

I had trouble at first but I did this:
Download the file(s) to your desktop (just makes them easier to find).
Start button -
Computer -
OS (C:) -
Program Files -
Microsoft Games -
Microsoft Flight Sim X -
Sim Objects -
Airplanes (should be a list of all the default planes).
Right click on the file on your desktop then 'copy' -
On the airplanes page click 'file' then 'paste' -
Start up Flight Sim X and you're ready to fly. :)
Note: Some downloads have additional files in eg. 'Read Me's' and screensavers just open the file on your desktop then copy the file with the aircraft's name or what it was saved as.
texasthunder
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm 

All good info, and I appreciate those trying to help us novices !! Smile
chelseafc222
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm 

Can anybody give me a tutorial on how to install any of Thomas Ruth's A340s, I follow the step by step instructions that come with it, the wings are fine, the fuselage is completely black. Help? Sad Question
Sunday
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 am 

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad this is soooo confusing!!!!
dtdb
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:41 am 

Did you try reading this tutorial.
http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_aircraft.html
fstipsandaddons.com
SALTHEMECHANIC
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 am 

hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 am 

SALTHEMECHANIC wrote:
hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

gum
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:46 am 

iv folod evreetheng it seas but i stil cannot get it to werk im triying to donlod the voyager for flit simlator x but i cant get it to werk cood yo tel me wat too doo : Sad Question
Mooty
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm 

sam12345-2009 wrote:
Ive managed to download and install different aircraft but im having big problems changing the config file.

Every time I edit it and then go to save i get an error message stating...
"Cannot create the C:..blah blah... file. Make sure the path and file name are correct".

It happens both if i click save or save as.
Anyone had the same problem???

If you disable User Account in your control panel you'll find it works perfect. Flying Dutchman.
Rick771128
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:38 pm 

OK I have followed all instructions here and I still cant see my downloaded planes in FS!!!!!! I dont know what else to do Im about to jump off a bridge at this time!!!!! LOL Please help. Thanks
chaos1524

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 pm 

every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 pm 

chaos1524 wrote:
every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."

Read this and see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298345

Radar

erickeiser
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:59 am 

every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 am 

erickeiser wrote:
every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

billm48732
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 pm 

Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 pm 

billm48732 wrote:
Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!

You have to be the administrator to access it.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/quick-ways-open-windows-vista7-command-line-administrator-elevated-privileges.htm

Radar