Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

How to install aircraft in FSX

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Pro Member Trainee
randomme Trainee

I tried that but it didn't seem to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read the install instructions again and try them step by step.
They may not be the best but they should guide you.

Don't forget the read-me that came with the download.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
randomme Trainee

Thank you very much for the advise. I ended up looking at how the other folders were set out and copying them, it now works perfectly. Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
JacobGee Trainee

I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JacobGee wrote:

I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sweetcakes Trainee

My son has just got connected to fly away and we downloaded red arrows but can't get it into Micro FX we have read the hits but it was still to didn't clear anything up.All we can do is take the computer to PC world or get an engineer to come to the house. thanks for the disapointment.

sweetcakes

Pro Member Trainee
DavidSkylark Trainee

All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DavidSkylark wrote:

All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?

Go into the Sims menu, go to the graphics tab and uncheck the DX10 box.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HarryNostrant Trainee

What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

HarryNostrant wrote:

What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?

If I understand you, put them on your desktop and unzip them there.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

HarryNostrant wrote:

It doesn't matter where you have your 'downloads'. You can even leave them on your flash drive. The important thing is that you have to extract the contents of the .zip files ('downloads') FIRST by right-clicking on a .zip file and following the Wizard.

Then you copy and paste the individual parts where they belong using Windows Explorer.

Pro Member Trainee
Jaybird21285 Trainee

Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jaybird21285 wrote:

Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?

Just place the panel.cfg files into the appropriate panel folders, that's where they belong.

Pro Member Trainee
bigernie3754 Trainee

i have tried and tried and this is becoming bs, i tried to follow the instructions but i right click and there is no option to send to other files, and if i put in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

it say unknown,

Pro Member Trainee
chelseafc222 Trainee

I had trouble at first but I did this:
Download the file(s) to your desktop (just makes them easier to find).
Start button -
Computer -
OS (C:) -
Program Files -
Microsoft Games -
Microsoft Flight Sim X -
Sim Objects -
Airplanes (should be a list of all the default planes).
Right click on the file on your desktop then 'copy' -
On the airplanes page click 'file' then 'paste' -
Start up Flight Sim X and you're ready to fly. :)
Note: Some downloads have additional files in eg. 'Read Me's' and screensavers just open the file on your desktop then copy the file with the aircraft's name or what it was saved as.

Pro Member Trainee
texasthunder Trainee

All good info, and I appreciate those trying to help us novices !! Smile

Pro Member Trainee
chelseafc222 Trainee

Can anybody give me a tutorial on how to install any of Thomas Ruth's A340s, I follow the step by step instructions that come with it, the wings are fine, the fuselage is completely black. Help? Sad Question

Pro Member Trainee
Sunday Trainee

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad this is soooo confusing!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
dtdb Trainee

Did you try reading this tutorial.
http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_aircraft.html

fstipsandaddons.com

Pro Member Trainee
SALTHEMECHANIC Trainee

hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SALTHEMECHANIC wrote:

hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gum Trainee

iv folod evreetheng it seas but i stil cannot get it to werk im triying to donlod the voyager for flit simlator x but i cant get it to werk cood yo tel me wat too doo : Sad Question

Pro Member Trainee
Mooty Trainee

sam12345-2009 wrote:

Ive managed to download and install different aircraft but im having big problems changing the config file.

Every time I edit it and then go to save i get an error message stating...
"Cannot create the C:..blah blah... file. Make sure the path and file name are correct".

It happens both if i click save or save as.
Anyone had the same problem???

If you disable User Account in your control panel you'll find it works perfect. Flying Dutchman.

Pro Member Trainee
Rick771128 Trainee

OK I have followed all instructions here and I still cant see my downloaded planes in FS!!!!!! I dont know what else to do Im about to jump off a bridge at this time!!!!! LOL Please help. Thanks

chaos1524 Guest

every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chaos1524 wrote:

every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."

Read this and see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298345

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
erickeiser Trainee

every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

erickeiser wrote:

every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
billm48732 Trainee

Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

billm48732 wrote:

Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!

You have to be the administrator to access it.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/quick-ways-open-windows-vista7-command-line-administrator-elevated-privileges.htm

Radar