Oh my goodness, there are soooo many 8800 graphics cards!

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

What does one look for to determine which one is faster? I've seen a dozen or so 8800 GT or GTS cards.... eeeeek! I'm not that concerned about the manufacturer (EVGA, PNY, XFX, etc.)

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

XFX 8800 GTS 512MB

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

what's the difference?

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Videocards have their own dedicated ram, you probably want to go with 512 mb. Less than that and your performance suffers, more than that and they get expensive quick.

It's been awhile since i've gone gfx card shopping, but i believe the 8800 GTX is the fastest of the series, followed by the GTS and the GT. There isn't a huge difference between them, but it is noticeable.

Finally, manufacturers sell pre-overclocked versions of the 8800... If you're savvy enough to OC it yourself then don't spend the money, otherwise go for it.

Hope this helped, if i'm wrong about something or wasn't specific enough let me know 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

GTX are getting hard to find. They are about $100us more and they aren't selling.

A good place to look for vga card comparisons is Tom's Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html . They are using FSX SP2 (amoung other games) to bench mark all available cards.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

Search for an MSI 8800GT 😉
Factory overclocked 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

ok. so all of those cards have plenty of ram. however, that doesnt appear to be the pricing point. theres apparently other factors determining higher performances. core speed, streams, memory speed?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...