747 ILS Setting

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

Can someone please tell me where the ILS Course setting display in the FSX default 747. It may be staring me right in the face but for the life of me i can't find it? So someone please tell me where its situated, i can't keep declaring missed approaches all day long.

Dave

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Left of the auto-throttle.

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

Thanx mate.

Is it right next to the auto throttle switch then, as i didn't notice a display in that general area>

I thought it might've been staring me in the face all a long.

Dave

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

I still can't find it next to the auto throttle switch, my cockpit switch panel is the same as in this link

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21632/747-cockpit-screenshots/

There is no display next to this switch.

Dave

Pro Member First Officer

Oh! Oh! You're so right. I forgot. I'm not sure there is one for the 747, I'll do some snooping.

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

There must be someway to use the ILS on a 747! 😳

Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Top right hand corner of the HSI.

Pro Member First Officer

I see now, but how would one go about adjusting it? I've never needed to edit it to use the ILS Autolanding on my 747.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Right / left clicking it. It's not essential but it makes it very difficult to manually interpret the raw ILS data. I can't remember whether it'll throw the automatics, though.

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

Sorry guys i may still be a bit thick here, but i still can't work out where you mean, on the cockpit screen shot link above, where is the HSI?

In the ILS tutorial it says the HSI is below the altitude indicator, but that would mean its off screen as the altitude indicator is right at the bottom of the screen.

Dave

PS. Think i've just noticed it, shows "CRS 340", is this it then?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes, that's it.

fsx2340 Guest

It is on the radar. On the top right of your radar screen (which is located right of the pfd), you will see the course setting. I thought this was just displaying it (which it probably is irl), but that is actually how u change the course. you click to the very left of it to reduce the number and vice versa

fsx1366 Guest

Edit: I am fsx2340 btw, it is not the radar screen it is the horizontal situation indicator but im just a moron

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...