Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Jerks in FSX

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Friends, I am sure most of us are having this problem. Whatever good PC we have this problem persist. I am using Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 Nvidia 8600GT 256 and ram 4gb Asus mainboard. I have tried every FSX tweak, nothing seem to be working. Display, performance everything fine accept this problem while flying the jerking. Has anyone got the solution. Please help. Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

After what seems like an eternity i.e. countless hours of meditation, head-scratching, contemplation, frustration etc., etc., etc.,... I am still of the opinion that despite FSX's dormant potential it is in conjunction with Windows OS Vista as well as XP at this stage still a dud.
Sure, you can do a lot of tweaking, push some sliders to the left and others to the right but look at the whole picture: You will always have to compromise.

This is NOT the case with FS9 run on a reasonably recent computer with todays standards specs.

I have both FSX and FS9 installed. I use FS9 for enjoyment - I use FSX when I'm in a foul mood and want to vent my anger.

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Yes it is true friend, it really cracks our head trying to solve these problems. I have FS2004, but the CD4 has problem and unable to install FS2004. I am trying where to get this CD4. Any help, thanks

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Tailhook <
Is there any problem putting FS9 in the ms games folder? I'm thinking of installing it beside FSX.

arulu <
I upgraded to a 3ghz processor attempting to over come the jerks at 30fps without success. Found they don't occur at 20fps and Globel texture resolution Medium.

Mine is a good game machine, but not EXTREME. I can enjoy FSXsp2 at mostly medium settings on winXPsp3.
intel E8400 3ghz processor (core 2 duo)
intel G31 I/O chipset
2gb corsair 800mhz ram
nvida 8800gtx 768mb
GRAPHICS
Target frame rate 20
1680x1050x16
Filtering Bilinear
Anti-aliasing checked
Globel texture resolution Medium
Advanced animations checked
AIRCRAFT
Hi-res 3-D cockpit checked
2-D panel transparency 0%
SCENERY
Level of detail radus Large (maxed)
Mesh complexity 100 (maxed)
Mesh resolution 1m (maxed)
Texture resolution 7m (maxed)
Water effects none
Land detail textures checked
Scenery complexity Extremely dense(maxed)
Autogen density Very dense
Ground scenery shadows not checked
Special effects detail Medium
WEATHER
Global settings Very Low
TRAFFIC
Airline traffic density 0%
General aviation traffic 100%
Airport vehicle density Minimum
Show aircraft labels not checked
Road vehicled 15%
Ships and ferries 22%
Leisure boats 27%

Pro Member First Officer
shylock (scottyboy39) First Officer

When you install FS9 after already havingFSX installed, it will go right into your microsoft games folder. Its not a problem.

As for the jerking what do you have your frame rates set at? Sounds to me you have them set at unlimited. Try setting them down to 20-30 FPS you'll find its much smoother.

Pro Member Captain
Bran09 Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Tailhook <
Is there any problem putting FS9 in the ms games folder? I'm thinking of installing it beside FSX.

arulu <
I upgraded to a 3ghz processor attempting to over come the jerks at 30fps without success. Found they don't occur at 20fps and Globel texture resolution Medium.

Mine is a good game machine, but not EXTREME. I can enjoy FSXsp2 at mostly medium settings on winXPsp3.
intel E8400 3ghz processor (core 2 duo)
intel G31 I/O chipset
2gb corsair 800mhz ram
nvida 8800gtx 768mb
GRAPHICS
Target frame rate 20
1680x1050x16
Filtering Bilinear
Anti-aliasing checked
Globel texture resolution Medium
Advanced animations checked
AIRCRAFT
Hi-res 3-D cockpit checked
2-D panel transparency 0%
SCENERY
Level of detail radus Large (maxed)
Mesh complexity 100 (maxed)
Mesh resolution 1m (maxed)
Texture resolution 7m (maxed)
Water effects none
Land detail textures checked
Scenery complexity Extremely dense(maxed)
Autogen density Very dense
Ground scenery shadows not checked
Special effects detail Medium
WEATHER
Global settings Very Low
TRAFFIC
Airline traffic density 0%
General aviation traffic 100%
Airport vehicle density Minimum
Show aircraft labels not checked
Road vehicled 15%
Ships and ferries 22%
Leisure boats 27%

you can put everything on high if you lower your res to 1280by1024 thats what i have on mine and i get 22fps locked at 22fps and everything maxed out it lags bad in really dense cities though that why im upgradeing to a new computer amd dual core 9800gt and 4gigs of ram so that should help 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

arulu
if CD4 doesn't work at all I can't see how you could possibly install FS9. If on the other hand FS9 is already installed but you can't boot the game, use this crack instead of the CD4:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

It's an absolute necessity otherwise CD4 and/or your optical drive will be worn out in no time. BTW this particular crack assumes that you have FS9 SP1 installed. If you don't have SP1 there is a separate crack available which I can dig up if you need it. Sampai jumpa.

oldsamer
as scottyboy39 pointed out, there won't be any problems having both FSX and FS9 installed. Both sims use their own, separate directories, there'll be no conflicts, overlappings or bleedings as some nasty rumours have it. The only thing you can't do is run both sims simultaneously... silly? I've tried it on many occasions - inadvertently of course 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Thanks friends for all the suggestions. Yes I have set the frame rate at unlimited. I will try reducing it and all other suggestions given.
By the way for FS2004, while installing the game the CD4 is unable to install, that is what the problem is and got to abort the installation. Any help on it. Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Scottyboy, I really want to thank you for your accurate suggestion. After reducing the frame rate, to my surprise the jerk has stopped completely and good smooth flying. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

The problem with the Jerks in FSX... is the Jerks that designed it... Wink
I hope the next version is better It seems no matter how much memory or speed your PC has, there are always problems with FSX. In my case... I have to restart the computer each time I want to use FSX or the program will not recognise the CH quadrant. I've tired all the obvious fixes like reinstalling FSX, drivers, etc. but it still persists. No adivse from CH as to this problem as they don't even bother to reply when you email their tech support. Given it to do over, I would never consider CH products for my controllers and go with another make.

Pro Member Trainee
limawhisky Trainee

I had CH Yoke,Throttles and Pedals that I borrowed to try out....they are now sitting on the shelf gathering dust..I changed to Saitek Pedals and joy Stick/Throttle which I find a lot better(I am not a Saitek employee!!) I did not get the Yoke as I find I have better control with the Joystick....If anyone want's the Ch Yoke and Throttle they are welcome to it for the cost of freight (Canada)..L

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Very generous my man. I've been looking at changing to Saitek as well. They are developing, or might ablready have it ready, a switch panel that inludes all the basics such as masters, mags and even a realistic looking landing gear switch. I may have to change over as the Saitek stuff looks like it's a lot better... and I'll bet their Tech guys reply to your emails. Wink

Pro Member Captain
Nick (truckernick) Captain

I think you just gotta have luck on your side for fsx to work real good cause my settings for fsx are mostly high and very high and i have awsome fps but i just have to have the airline traffic at 50% or it just slows to a halt and general at about 30% then all the other setting i can have full bassically and they don't have any effect on fps on ly the traffic settings do.

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

7ECA-Captain wrote:

The problem with the Jerks in FSX... is the Jerks that designed it... Wink

Who designed FS9? ACES.

7ECA-Captain wrote:

I hope the next version is better It seems no matter how much memory or speed your PC has, there are always problems with FSX.

Not true. The biggest problem is the ACES studio has put so much freedom into FSX, that you can slide the sliders to your death. They added so much autogen and they let the level of detail fly. The LOD (Level of Detail) is how far away objects are displayed and how high the resolution is. The lower, the better. You most likely won't even notice the difference. I have my autogen maxed on FS9 and I hardly find anything around.

7ECA-Captain wrote:

n my case... I have to restart the computer each time I want to use FSX or the program will not recognise the CH quadrant. I've tired all the obvious fixes like reinstalling FSX, drivers, etc. but it still persists. No adivse from CH as to this problem as they don't even bother to reply when you email their tech support. Given it to do over, I would never consider CH products for my controllers and go with another make.

That is CH's fault.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

In all fairnest u need a better system

1. Id recommend a Quad core intel, as in FSX it requires alot from the processer // (I have intel Quad Duo core q6600, how ever i recommend the Q9300))

2. Unless u have a super computer u are going to notice jerks. i have just brought a new pc yestoday and have decentish specs i get on avarage 16 - 22 fps at airports like Heathrow / Gatwick on ultra high graphics, i can get a max locked of 30 around sea and smaller airports, allthough i like to lock it at 22fps as i feel 30 is unessesery.

3. 256 isnt good enouth, i feel u need at least 546mb card. i recommend the card i just got ATI radeon 3850 HD x2 1 gig, or if you prefer nvidia geforce 9800gtx.

4. Your Ram is good I think 4 gig is perfect for fsx

My specs r :: intel quad duo core Q6600
3 gig ram
ATI Radeon 3850 hd x2 1 gig (Ultra high 22locked)
Recommend for top no lag specs ::

Intel Q9300 / Geforece 9800gtx2 or Ati radeon 3850 or more. / 4 gig ram /

hope this helps!

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Thank you for the brief specification. I have decided to upgrade my pc sometime after Christmas and hope for the best.
Have you tried Auran's TRS2006. It's scenery, building,roads the moving vehicles and above all the trains. They are so realistic and with my present pc it runs very well without any bit of jerking. So why not Microsoft use the same format in their games.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions