Praised be the Gods

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Future releases

A future version of Microsoft Flight Simulator has yet to be announced, but a Microsoft spokesperson has stated: 'it's safe to say that we're 'always' working on the next version. Or two'.

That 'future version' refers to MSFS 11 (eleven). From this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator#Flight_Simulator_2004:_A_Century_of_Flight

Is it a coincidence that I stumble across this reference while wracking my brain whether or not to install Acceleration?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

hehe, now the question is... will it be a complete rewrite from the ground up or will they use the same engine?

It'd be nice to have something that runs half decent and takes full advantage of multicore systems! Even worth having to wait around for addons to be rewritten if you ask me...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well if you do a bit of digging Traches you'll find that according to the rumours they will be using a new engine and will address multicore systems. That's the grapevine anyway based apparently on leaked 'promises'.

They should have done this in the first place with FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Do the rumors mention what operating system msFS 11 is written for?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hahaha Oldsamer I didn't even dare to go there.
In recent times talk about Linux has steadily but noticeably increased. Who knows, maybe one day we'll get lucky.

I can't help but compare MS OS with fossil fuels. The world as we know it depends on both. Is there still hope?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...