Landing & Navigation Lights

Pro Member Trainee
Fitzy71 Trainee

I seem to have a problem with the landing & navigation lights on my 737-800.

When i try to turn the landing lights on on the overhead console the switch has to be in the up/off position for them to work. Does anyone else have this problem on the 737 or is it a glitch in my installation etc?

Also even though i turn all the light switches to on i have lost my green and red navigation lights on the wingtips of the 737. I've tried all the switches on the overhead console switching them in all dirctions but still can't get them back.

Any ideas guys?

Dave

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Fitzy71 wrote:

When i try to turn the landing lights on on the overhead console the switch has to be in the up/off position for them to work.

Same here, don't know if a fix exists.

Also even though i turn all the light switches to on i have lost my green and red navigation lights on the wingtips of the 737. I've tried all the switches on the overhead console switching them in all dirctions but still can't get them back.

If you want all the lights ON incl. NAV, hit L on your keyboard (toggle ON/OFF).
Also experiment with Ctrl+L (toggle) for Landing Lights only.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hmmm, mine all work fine, but then I have a great maintenece crew.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

7ECA-Captain wrote:

Hmmm, mine all work fine, but then I have a great maintenece crew.

I think I just saw the light 😳 ...now that scares me 😀

You 7ECA-Captain and Accelor (see the other post you replied to) seem to be working from the VC, whereas Fitzy71 and I are looking at the panel view (2D).

Just tried the light switches in the 738 in VC and yes they work. In panel view however they're just cosmetic.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...