Uninvited Phishing or Spam Mail

Pro Member Trainee
davydymond Trainee

I received the following email tonight from 'newsletter@flyawaysimulation.com' as follows:

I hate to dive right into the sob story; but I just want you all to know how much this means to me. In September 2004, my Aunt Tina was diagnosed with a malignant Brain Tumour. In May 2005, we lost her. And then in September 2006 my Cousin Alfie, then only 10, got a brain tumour, also malignant. But the sob story ends there, because Alfie kicked cancer's ass, and he's made an amazing recovery and is now fully cured and fully awesome.

Although Brain Tumours are still seen by people as rare - they actually kill more people under 40 than any other type of cancer. As Brain Tumours become more common, that is tempered only by the fact there is a lot more that could be done in terms of understanding them, and better ways can be found in diagnosis and lessening mis-diagnosis.

I dedicate myself to train hard and to run the half-maratho! n in September - I aim to complete it in less than two hours. All I ask in return is you spare a few pounds for a cause I care greatly about. The Samantha Dickson Brain Tumour Trust have been leading the fight against Brain Tumours for eleven years - their aims and hopes are of complete success; they want to find a cure for ALL brain tumours. What stands in their way, in their words, is a 'desperate lack of funds for research'. This is something, in our own small way, we can begin to change.

I run in memory of my Aunt Tina, and in the hope that a cure can be found sooner rather than later. Here's the bit I didn't write:

Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It's also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Samantha Dickson Brain Tumour Trust (SDBTT) gets your money faster and, if you're a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

So please sponsor me now! !

Click here for more information and to sponsor Dan.

--
To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit this link
Forward a Message to Someone this link'

I'm not saying that this is not a genuine appeal, but I do not expect to receive it through my simulator website. Can a moderator or someone in control explain this email? I tried to find an access link on this website to report these kind of intrusions, without success.

Has anyone else experiences this kinf of communication fromk our website?

Best Regards Everyone

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I also received it ❓

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

As did I

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll talk to Flyaway.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is legitimate, from Flyaway.

Samantha Dickson Brain Tumour Trust (SDBTT)
Raise awareness, support and funds for brain tumour research to help fight this devastating disease. Brain cancer is on the increase and that is why more research needs to be carried out and hopefully one day, a cure can be found. Please help us.
Charity Registration No 1060627

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

but spam non the less...sorry to hear that about her but spam is spam.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...