Releasing Smoke from Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
DKlop Trainee

Well, I'm relatively new to FSX, as I got it this Christmas, and there is something that I would really like to know.

How can I add and use smoke on any aircraft, downloaded or default aircraft.

I've had planes that had a [SMOKE SYSTEM] section in their .cfg files, yet, when I get in them and use them in flight, and hit the smoke hotkey, it doesn't release smoke.

I've looked around for tutorials on how to add the smoke, but none of them have helped. I tried adding a hotkey on my joystick to see if it was just something wrong with my keyboard or something of the sort. It didn't work.

So if anyone could tell me how to add smoke (if it is possible) to an aircraft, and then use it in flight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not sure if this is what your looking for or not.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2807/fsx-colored-smoke-system/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

In FSX Acceleration the ( I ) key toggles on/off smoke for the F18, P 51, 300S maybe others Idea

Pro Member Trainee
RussellCar Trainee

[SMOKESYSTEM]
Smoke.0= -24.00, 0.0, 0.00, fx_smoke_w

If it look like this I don't know what your problem is.

the "w" can be changed to a "r" for red smoke.

Pro Member Trainee
avgas Trainee

😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

avgas wrote:

😳

Come again..? Umm...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...