Tribute to Kai Tak

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

Not sure if this has been posted before - had a hunt but couldn't spot it so I apologise if this is a repost....but I loved this Farewell to Kai Tak on YouTube and had to share it 🙂

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Wow, I wasn't aware that that airport had closed.

My dad used to fly into there back when he flew for UPS, would talk about the checkerboard approach pretty often.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's a nice collage, I don't think it's been posted before 😎

I used to stay in a Kowloon hotel on the 21st floor... you could touch the landing gear of the approaching aircraft 😳
Here is another favorite of mine, 747 cockpit vid approach in rainy conditions. The checkerboard is clearly visible and the crew seems almost relieved at the point where they turn off the RWY:

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I used to stay in a Kowloon hotel on the 21st floor... you could touch the landing gear of the approaching aircraft 😳

Now how awesome would that have been.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...