populating Hong Kong Kai Tak

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Does anyone know of a way to populate Kai Tak airport with traffic? I know its closed but I would like to have it going again.
In this fantasy world of flight, I would like to bring kai tak back. I have the addon for kai tak (Scenery) It would be lovely to have it going again with traffic. 😀

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Ratna Guest

Hi,

Kai Tak has been closed for how many years now? It would not surprise me if some real life pilots where happy about the opening of the new one.

But when Microsoft proclaims "As real as it gets" in my opinion they could have made an exception with this particular scenery.
Why not have the new airport and at the same time retain Kai Tak in Hongkong?

The next incarnation of FS could include both... even if it's not "realistic". What do You say?

Ratna

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you want to do only one airport it should be both easy and fast with this program.
I used it a while back to populate all of my smaller airports that Ultimate Traffic doesn't do.

If you use the aircraft in your folder you'll take a FPS hit at that airport because they are built for flying show not AI.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Katna, You are right!! Afterall, this is a simulation that allows fantasy. Such as most of us flying under bridges etc,, things that you cannot do in the 'real world'.

Thanks RadarMan!!! I will look into this!!!! GRAZI!!! once again!
😀

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

RadarMan, I downloaded the GA aircraft utility. It doesn't seem to alow heavy aircraft to be included. I also did not see the bit that may include the Ultimate traffic,, traffic! I have it installed, but Ultimate traffic planes do not appear in the aircraft list.

Any ideas bud? Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has nothing to do with Ultimate Traffic. "UT" puts aircraft at major airports GA_Traffic puts them at local GA airports, two different programs.
If I remember correctly the last tab on the right of GA sets the weight of the aircraft.
I just did my entire folder, now I can see all the crafts that I loaded but they aren't AI so they have a high LOD and that's what gives me a big FPS hit when I land at one.
Do it step by step and you'll have moving traffic on the ground as well as in the air.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks man. I 'll try'er again. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...