Kai Tak

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

As some of you may remember, I made a video with the end showing Flight Softs Kai Tak scenery. Well the scenery may be wonderful but to me it's nothing if it doesn't have Ai traffic. Is there anyway for me to make Ai traffic go to Kai Tak [VHHX] ❓

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should do it for you.

TrafficTools 2.02 (TTools) allows you to program the Artificial Intelligence (AI) aircraft traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator FS2002 or FS2004. You can make aircraft come-and-go from any airport on whatever schedules you desire.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=34731

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

If you download kai_tak.zip from Avsim inside the zip are flightplans for a number of large airlines. The file is a scenery file which uses LAGO all you have to do is extract the FPs fom it. Note that you will have to have the models for this to work. How are you with CFGs and flightplans?

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not the best with flight plans but I have been playing around with flightplans and I think I'm almost getting the hang of it.Modifying an aircrafts CFG is still pretty new to me so if you have any advise please let me know what it is.

Would any of you know how to use MRAI ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Only thing you have to remember with CFGs is that if you want a certain aircraft to work with your plans the Title needs to be exactly the same as the contents in the "aircraft" text file part of the plans eg

[fltsim.0]
title=IL86_traffic Pulkovo
sim=IL86_traffic
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=plknc
atc_id=RA86110
atc_airline=PULKOVO
atc_flight_number=1123
atc_heavy=1
ui_manufacturer=AISIM
ui_type="IL86_traffic"
ui_variation=Pulkovo
description=

The Title says "IL86_traffic Pulkovo"

The flightplans consist of 3 text files -

In the aircraft text file the actually aircraft you want to use should be exactly the same

AC#1,240,"IL86_traffic Pulkovo"

In the Flightplan text file the AC# number should coincide with the aircraft you want to use eg

AC#1,86114,14%,WEEK,IFR,0/09:58:00,@0/12:28:08,310,F,2921,UGEE
,0/13:48:06,@0/16:18:13,330,F,2922,UWSS,5/09:58:43,@5/12:28:50,
310,F,2921,UGEE,5/13:48:49,@5/16:18:56,330,F,2922,UWSS

In the Airport text file all the airports that your plan takes your aircraft should be here with coordinates eg

UGEE,N40* 8.44',E44* 23.70',2838
UWSS,N51* 33.43',E46* 2.23',499

Once you are happy with everything, place your 3 files in the same folder you have TTools. Open the program, highlight your 3 text files and hit Compile. Any snags within the files will stop TTools from going any further.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

JVD wrote:

Would any of you know how to use MRAI ❓

Sorry missed that bit on the end -

MRAI is a pretty easy Flightplan installer but to be honest I don't use it. The FPs I have downloaded come with a manual option. Meaning the 3 text files I'm on about above. I copy/paste these into the TTools folder.

Pro Member Captain

Finally I think I'm getting some where with my AI. Thanks you guys 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...