new desktop? which one?

Pro Member Trainee
jack6 Trainee

hey out there,i'm new to this flight sim scene and are about to upgrade my old laptop for a new desktop computer.anyone suggest what the best way to go is for running flight sim/add-ons/extra planes and whatever else is needed.is there a minimum amount of memory i need?cheers.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jack6 wrote:

hey out there,i'm new to this flight sim scene and are about to upgrade my old laptop for a new desktop computer.anyone suggest what the best way to go is for running flight sim/add-ons/extra planes and whatever else is needed.is there a minimum amount of memory i need?cheers.

Since you've posted this in the FS2004 section, I'm assuming you're homing in on FS2004. In that case, any new desktop computer will run it fine -- make sure the machine has a dedicated graphics card instead of an integrated graphics chip on the motherboard.

If your thinking FSX... my advice (many will disagree) is to wait for Windows7 to be released. By that time the new hardware and drivers should be up to the task.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...