what you need to get good graphics on fs 2004??!!?

boeing rule airbus suck Guest

I have a 1.2ghz amd duron and a 64mb ge force2 will this be enough for good gfx on fs2004 or should i spend a lot of money on a 128/256mb 3d card or anything???
😕

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

With a 1.2 I think you'll be wasting money on a more powerful card.
Yes you will get better graphics and also more FPS with a 128mb but the 1.2 and probably only 256 or 512mb ram will also hold you back.
A good 128 will run about $180 for a ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128, a good card but your system is weak for maxing out the flight sim
It'll be good to fly with but the graphics will have to be below default so the flight will be smooth.
The machine as it stands will handle the sim without a problem but not full out.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Hehe, no wonder you think boeing is superior to airbus. [best Keanu Reeves] "Live in the now, dude!" FS98 will run like a dream on that baby 😉

This question gets asked all the time. But just for another angle, I have an AMD64 3400+ with 1,5G RAM & Radar's favourite graphics card. The graphics when everything is turned up to "are you insane?" settings are quite good, at an airport like LAX with traffic like flies on a cowpat - I get around an average of 25FPS. So that's a giude for ya.

Dig deep, young jedi

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...