Thermal Problem

Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

Recently I unistalled and reinstalled Flight Sim X.

Prior to the reinstall of Flight Sim X I was able to enter thermals around 500' altitude on the east end of the runway at Locarno, Switzerland (LSZA).

Now after the reinstallation of Flight Sim X the thermals have been relocated southeast of the airport. I really want them back in their original position.

I confirmed with other players in multi-player that they still have the thermals where I originally had them. My weather settings have enabled turbulence and thermals and I have selected schematic thermals but still no luck.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me solve this little mystery.

Thank you.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

My computer has dual-boot operating systems (XP and Vista on 2 separate hard-drives). I decided to install Flight Sim X on XP to see if the thermals would appear in the correct places - they did! Amazing, 2 installations on 2 different operating systems!

It took 4 phone calls and over 3 hrs on the phone with MS Tech support! After I called them back to tell them the XP install was correct they recommended uninstalling Sim X from Vista and reinstalling. I did and it reset the thermals back to where they should have been in the first place.

My conclusion, I did not install the Service Pack 1 update for Flight Sim X as it resulted in the removal and/or relocation of thermals.

Geeze these MS programmers need to do some tweaking!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...