The End of FSX

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

I know its sad to see FSX come to the end since Microsoft has dropped them. Too bad because i was hoping to see them changed some things like world ground textures which is the only thing lacking in the game today. The clouds and weather programs are top notch looking at the earth detail in high detail is still not there . Does anyone have any further info if fsx is indeed over or will there be new life. For know i have uninstalled fsx since the announcement what more can mods do to enhanced this game. Leave feedback and give your response on how you guys feels about FSX and the end of flight simming. Surprised

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

doatg wrote:

FSX and the end of flight simming. Surprised

If FSX turns out to be indeed the final edition of the MSFS franchise, it doesn't mean flight simming will come to an end, not by a long shot.
Who knows, such a scenario might be a blessing in disguise. There are plenty talented and capable programmers all over the place who would keep this great hobby alive. Many have been brainwashed into believing that flight simulation will cease and cannot exist without Phil Taylor and the Aces team.
There are many thousands of informed and uninformed opinions concerning FSX floating around on the www I guess one has to listen and contemplate BOTH.

I personally am convinced though that should FSX be the last in the Microsoft line, in five years from now, more enthusiasts will still have FS9 installed on their systems than FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Or X-Plane will get polished up a bit and become the leading sim!

I'd use it if people would write decent addons for it...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Umm... ...aren't you supposed to make your own add-ons for X-Plane? 😁

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Yeah, looked into it once... I'm not exactly talented at 3d modeling however, and I have no idea where to get all the aerodynamic data that the sim wants in order to accurately model an aircraft.

Also, most of the planes are slightly better than the default FSX planes, with no VC. There's nothing that compares to the payware planes in FSX...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...