Wot no traffic?

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

I'm having trouble generating traffic at airports. Although I've set the traffic and ground traffic sliders to max, I'm still not getting any more that 1 or 2 aircraft parked up at airports. Can anyone suggest a reason for this and a possible fix ?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

what airport are you at? Are you using WOAI or mytraffic X etc?

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

I've tried at EGLL, EGKK and EGGW and I dont seem to get the traffic I used to. By traffic I mean numbers of parked aircraft and aircraft in transit to runway etc and very low. I am not running and traffic add ons. I do have LD767 but the traffic issue affects both when I'm running with an FSX standard aircraft or the LD767.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

hmmm, not too sure to be honest. Its been that long since I have not used WOAI, that I can't remember what traffic there was. Would be alot more realistic with the likes of WOAI as it is free. I appreciate that the likes of EGLL would be busy.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

You are going to have to use a third-party software like WoAI to get traffic. FSX can control the amount of traffic, but hardly have any.

Pro Member Trainee
Mark Hyder (markhyder) Trainee

Might be error in config.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

FlyPast said:

I'm having trouble generating traffic at airports. I'm still not getting any more that 1 or 2 aircraft parked up at airports. I've tried at EGLL, EGKK and EGGW and I dont seem to get the traffic I used to. I am not running and (any?) traffic add ons.

One or two parked at regionals sounds about right for FSX without traffic add on. One parked at municipals occasionally. FSX weights all most constant traffic to Terminal Controlled Airspace (TCAs). Remember that traffic consumes processor time for all those AI that are not in view too! causing a reduction of Frames Per Second (FPS) so FSX will never emulate actual traffic rates, if it did we would need a CRAY computer to run it on.

FSX is sophisticated about FPS, I've noticed that when I move scenery sliders left a few more parked aircraft appear next to me on the ramp. I'd suggest you aren't getting as much traffic as before because you have nudged some sliders to the right.

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Can you be more specific about what scenery sliders should be moved to the left to improve traffic amounts?

Pete

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...