I'm going to be learning to fly the Piper Cub soon (I currently fly Cessna's real world), and wanted to get some practice on FS before my lessons. I've got the Saitek yoke, and was looking at getting the X-52, but what other options are there out there? I did once come across a page that had a home-built stick that had been lengthened, but I can't seem to find it, if anyone has any links to home-builds. I would prefer a seperate throttle as well, but I can only find the X-52 with a seperate throttle column.
1 Answers
I fly only GA with taildraggers being my favorite (DC-3).
Also check out https://www.simshack.net
I only use a stick with a twist handle for rudder.
You have some nice equipment.
If you want, something like this would be nice.
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/radio.html
I don't know where you live but amazon has good prices.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
DCS WorldHow do I set up auto-lasing in DCS Mission Editor?Set up DCS Mission Editor auto-lasing with an AI JTAC or UAV, matching laser codes, trigger…Read answer →AviationWhat landing gear does the Boeing 767 use, and how does it work?Boeing 767 landing gear is a retractable 10-wheel tricycle system. Learn how its bogies…Read answer →GeneralWhat is the best HOTAS mount for flight simulators?Find the best HOTAS mount for your flight simulator setup. Compare desk clamps, chair mounts…Read answer →AviationWhat is the stall speed of a Boeing 737?A Boeing 737 typically stalls at roughly 100–120 KIAS with landing flaps or 140–160 KIAS…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain