AI Traffic on FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

I have gone back to FS2004 from FSX as the framerates were cr*p with my addons. I have now starting to add the many WOAI I have, however there still seems to be all of the original (Orbit, American Pacific etc) still doing flights and not my WOAI flights. I believe I have installed correctly, but I just don't seem to have many WOAI flights.

What is the best way to delete the MS original flights/aircraft, so to be replaced with my WOAI flights? Are there multiple bgl files that I have to get rid off, and if there is, where do I find the bgl files?

I look forward to any help, and if this has been posted before I do apologies.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this works.
I wouldn't delete it but move it to your desktop just in case.
Let us know how you do.

Delete the file which looks like Traffic280503.bgl from the FS2004 Root folder / Scenery / World / scenery folder.
With it will be "Traffic" followed by six numbers and a .bgl extension.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

well, what can I say. Worked a treat. Moved file traffic030528.bgl to the desktop, and deleted it in the scenery/world/scenery file. I now have all the aircraft that should be at EGGD (Bristol) there now.

Thanks again for your help Radarman, greatly greatly appreciated!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

No probs, but found something else which I might need to some help on....EGGD (Bristol) has 12 parking stands, but I only every get a maximum of 6 WOAI aircraft there, when there should be alot more. FS 2004 only uses the same stands as well. I have changed the wingspan area of the most used aircraft (174, same as a Cessna) at the airport (Easyjet & Ryanair) but I only get 6 aircraft in total (this does not seem to do anything). Is there anyway of changing the the amount of parking spaces used at the airport? I know in FSX all spaces would be used?

Look forward to any help.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Is it the default Bristol or an addon one as it may be the afcad file is only allowing 6 parking spots! If you have'nt got it already i really would suggest this 😀
http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page14.html

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Hi, Its the default Bristol scenery I am using. I will add the scenery that you have recommended and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

I have added the demo version of the UKscenery2000 for Bristol, and I am very impressed. It also added all of the gates that are there now. Not too sure what affect it will have on the framerates, but it looks like an excellent product. Just a shame I can not alter FS2004 to add the gates that I need.

Thanks for your help again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...