Help the elderly and his Transformer planes

Pro Member Trainee
fleas2 Trainee

I'm 73 and just discovered the joy of simulators. My previous computer would play FSX but the video was bad and jerky, so to comfort me in my final years I got a new computer using Vista 64. It's not a fire eater but it has NVIDIA GTS 250 and I had great hopes of perfect video. The details look good but the planes are transformers, naked motors pointed up, doors floating over the wings, and the tires stuck through the tail. This is 90% of the planes. I've turned the setting high, low, middle, model doesn't matter. If you can solve my problem and I go before you, I'll put in a good word for you whichever direction I'm sent.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Something is terribly wrong with your fsx installation. I would reccomend putting in the FSX disks and repairing your sim, if that doesn't work, uninstall and then reinstall.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure they are for FSX not for FS9 (2004).

Give us all your system specs if you can.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
fleas2 Trainee

I tried the repair suggestion and I have now seen MS's Promised Land. Order has been restored and it looks like a perfect commercial. I feel so good, I'm putting in a good word for the entire community. Thank you, Frank.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

My install is more than 2 years old now and after a serveral hour session it will "get funny" after going in-and-out of full screen.

Found that going into windowed mode and minimizing, then back to full fixes it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...