Alphasims new Dauphin.....

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Gotta be honest, for being the most recognizable helicopter, Alphasim short changed this on in the functions department. Sounds great, looks great, but its missing a lot of functionality.... like the hoist, for instance. I hope Nemeth Designs comes out with a better version, or Alphasim makes a better one, but until then, this will do:

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agreed, this Alpha Dauphin looks great and has a surprisingly good soundset. We know you like your start-up procedures - I can live without that headache.
Realistic or not, I find this Dauphin handles well and is a joy to fly. I don't think we can expect a more in-depth simulation for the price AS charge.

What makes you think the Nemeth Bros. are making one... grapevine or wishful thinking?

Someone is developing a Huey for FSX (can't remember who), two blades, Army textures etc. - really looking forward to that one 😀

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

What makes you think the Nemeth Bros. are making one... grapevine or wishful thinking?

Someone is developing a Huey for FSX (can't remember who), two blades, Army textures etc. - really looking forward to that one 😀

Wishful thinking.....Either Alphasim dedicates a team to perfect the Dauphin or Nemeth, Aerosoft, or one of the high-end helicopter developters create a better version. Cera Simaircraft made a Bell 412 EP (for FSX) and a Bell 212 / UH-1N FS 2004 that will blow anything from Hovercontrol out of the water. They are also making a Bell 222....can't wait for that one. Here is the site: http://cerasimaircraft.com/index.html

Here are some shot of the 412 from Cera:

Time for some paintkits....... 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This Cera 412 looks great and has excellent reviews. In the absence of a quickstart guide that even I could wrap my head around, I think I'll give it a miss for the time being.

You're such a sadist 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...