I'm doing the Resort Supply mission from Acceleration, and on takeoff from the last airport, the left prop failed. The co-pilot, on the ground in another plane, says to feather it (wow, thanks).
Feathering the DC-3 was easy, theres a big red button saying "feather". Anyone know how to feather the baron 58?
Thanks 🙂
2 Answers
There are six levers to the throttle system. First (Black) being the Throttle, (Blue) Being the prop angle or feather, and (Red) Being the Mixture of fuel and air.
Hope that helped 🍻
I'm no expert but, I don't believe you'll find the usual "auto feather" lever or button that you're looking for. You need to adjust the blade's angle so that the blade takes a bigger bite out of the air.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee
Captain