This aircraft flys with no sound. Can anyone help?

Pro Member Trainee
terryleemartin Trainee

Hi I just downloaded and installed P-51 Sweet Arlene. The aircraft flys very well, and the graphics are great, but I can't get any sound out of it. The "Read Me" file didn't give instrustions on how to load the sound files, or even that you should load them, but when it didn't work the first time, I went back and I did drop the sound files into FSX sound folder, but It didn't help.

Nice historical Aircraft and really want to fly it. The Sound files do have very good quality, and I can tell that because they will play using Windows media player, but they don't work in FSX. Or at least , I can't get them to work. Agreed, I may be doing something wrong.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

terryleemartin wrote:

...I went back and I did drop the sound files into FSX sound folder, but It didn't help.

Inside the "Sweet Arlene" folder you'll find 4 (four) .zip folders. You have to unzip the "sound.zip" first, then place the "sound" folder into the "P-51 D Sweet Arlene" folder... this one already contains model- panel- and texture folders. Now that you have added the sound folder, the aircraft is complete.

My advice is you stay away from any file that bears the name "Mark Rooks" in the future. Someone ought to tell that guy that he's causing more harm and confusion than all the bunglers combined that the flightsim community has known.

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

u can download a sound pack or use a default plane's sound i think

Pro Member Trainee
terryleemartin Trainee

I appreciate the help, and the advice very much. Thank you

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...