Assigning specific sound to specific aircraft

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

In my a320 sound files, there is a recorded sound of APU working, such that when I press Shift+M, the APU sounds are generated. I wanted to ask, how can I get those sounds into another aircraft, eg. A330. How do I alias it so that it works for both aircraft, instead of downloading a completely new soundset for the a330 that countains the APU sounds. Thank you in advance 😉

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would say just copy the soundset and /cfg file and stick it in the new aircraft's sound folder.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

About half way down on this link.

Installing sounds using aliasing method

Read (dead link removed)

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I might have accidentally written the post incorrectly. I meant I want to alias a single .wav file to an aircraft. The link RM provided only helped in aliasing whole folders. In the a330 sound package that I have, it says that there is an APU file, and I can see it when reading the CFG, however, I can never get it to work in the sim. I tried altering a few things, and moving about a few figures, along with raising the volume, to no avail.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...