Asked

In my a320 sound files, there is a recorded sound of APU working, such that when I press Shift+M, the APU sounds are generated. I wanted to ask, how can I get those sounds into another aircraft, eg. A330. How do I alias it so that it works for both aircraft, instead of downloading a completely new soundset for the a330 that countains the APU sounds. Thank you in advance 😉

Answered

I would say just copy the soundset and /cfg file and stick it in the new aircraft's sound folder.

Answered

About half way down on this link.

Installing sounds using aliasing method

➡ Read (dead link removed)

Answered

Thanks for the quick replies. I think I might have accidentally written the post incorrectly. I meant I want to alias a single .wav file to an aircraft. The link RM provided only helped in aliasing whole folders. In the a330 sound package that I have, it says that there is an APU file, and I can see it when reading the CFG, however, I can never get it to work in the sim. I tried altering a few things, and moving about a few figures, along with raising the volume, to no avail.

AI Assistant · New

Still stuck on this question?

Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.

Still need help?

Ask a new question

If the answers above don't cover your specific issue, ask your own. Our community and flight simulator experts will give you a dedicated, unique answer. You don't even need to register to post.

Ask new question