FSX aircraft sound problem

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi guys,

Ever since I've got FSX I hv faced this aircraft sound problem. The problem is there is no rumbling sound when the engines are in idle mode which I think is wrong. Only when I push the throttle up to 70% I start hearing the engine sound.

I also went into the sound controls in FSX and pushed up all sliders to 100% but result is the same.

Any of u face the same problem??? Please let me know.

Cheers!!!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Actually I get excellent surround sound, with my Sound Blaster card and Logitech X530 speakers (not expensive).
Maybe you need to update your sound card drivers.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

On amazon you can get a perfectly good soundcard for £3.99 - I am using it with my logitech x-540 speakers and it works and sounds great, far better than my onboard sound. Search 5.1 sound card on amazon.co.uk and you will find it.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

But do ya guys get it even when the engines are idle?

Thats the biggest point!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Everything, if the aircraft is so equipped.
FSX is optimized for surround sound also so my rear speakers get a workout when the aircraft has a good sound set.
Hard to believe but one of the best set of sounds in the Trike, I get good sound from the rear.
Logitech x530.
http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-x-530/4505-3179_7-31079671.html

You have to have a good card also.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Actually I never bothered about buying a sound card. Its the one which comes Intel onboard. I guess its called realtek!!!

Nothing extraordinary though but OK for day to day use. I play on Creative 2.1 speakers. I hv a subwoofer.

Cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...