Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

The real FAA sim vs. the home computer

lvpilot1
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:09 pm 

If anyone is looking to see how the real FAA 737-200 or MD80 flies, there is a new operation in Las Vegas, Nevada that is offering sim time with an FAA certified instrutor to the general public. I was fortunate to be their very first customer December 19 and was really amazed how much difference there is when the true feeling of motion and the weight of the controls is added. I hadn't flown a real plane since 1978 (single engine Cessna) and while I thought I was doing things correctly in my FSX 737, an hour with the real deal and and a CFI was enlightening to say the least!
Be advised that booking real sim time is not cheap, but you are playing with a 5 million dollar piece of equipment and the knowledge absorbed in just an hour or two will make your virtual flying much more enjoyable because you can apply what you learned in the real thing to your home flights. Those who suffer from motion sickness issues should stay away.
Check em out (I told them they need to buy ad space on this site to get the word out) at lasvegasflightventures.com

Wink
Happy Flying!
Tim D
Karlw
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 am 

I flew a 6.5 million dollar Piaggio Avantii Sim with my CAP squadron and I'll tell you the last time I had that much fun was on the day that I did my first solo. It was incredible luckily I got in for free and it does feel very different. I remember feeling the bumps from the gravel on the taxiway as me and my Chief Sargent taxied onto the runway.
Pick a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

-Confucius