Home Flight Sim Setup

jonnik2003 Guest

Hi guys!
I am new to flight sims. However I want to become a skilled sim flyer.
Please, advise about home setup for flight sim (FSX). I am particularly interested in passenger aircraft flying. What I want to achieve:
- closest to real experience in everything
- closest to real hardware controls. I looked at a few ones on the market, but they all don't look like real ones. Please, advise which to choose.
- full motion pilot chair which can simulate aircraft movement experience, turbulence, etc., including gear (stands) to set up hardware controls. Please, advise.
- best monitors. Please, advise which and how many to buy.
- touch monitor(s) for panel controls Please, advise.
- powerful pc.
I was thinking about making a cockpit or buying one, but i think it is too much because I live in an apartment.
My budget is up to 20 000$.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jonnik2003 Trainee

Sorry guys, I thought I am logged in when I created this post. But it is my post.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I did just a quick search and came up with these.
I'm sure there are more styles.

http://www.pilotshop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Hotseat+Flight+Sim+Pilot&x=8&y=8

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jonnik2003 Trainee

thanks! however not sure if the seat/chair actually is a motion one. I think it is not the one which simulates motion experience in the aircraft.
Are there any other options? And as for monitors I prefer monitor setup without gaps between them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't know about the motion part.
As for the monitors inquire here http://www.matrox.com/en/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jonnik2003 Trainee

It looks like CKAS systems are nice with 3 and 6DOF. But are there any alternatives?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

These do look like the best systems, but I couldn't find a price (probably staring me in the face).
You have to supply the controllers.
Shipping will be a huge part of the cost.

http://www.ckas.com.au/ckas_thruximmaxpro_52.html

This seems to be at a good price and quite a bit of action.

#t=28

I don't know what country you live in so shipping will add to the price again.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jonnik2003 Trainee

I have requested the price with CKAS. 6DOF system without controls, monitors and PC costs 20000$ plus delivery about 2000$.
Apart from that and blue tiger nothing else?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not a bad price but how much is shipping.

I'm more than sure there are other motion simulators out there.
I found some that cost more that a basic Porche 911 😂
They are professional types that the airlines use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_simulator

Radar

Henry Jacobs Guest

Hi I live in Australia and have been to the CKAS factory in Melbourne. The price I got was A$6000, which would be less American dollars (about $5500 US).
Also a good graphics card Radeon 6870 or similar will allow you to run 4 monitors.
Have fun.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Henry Jacobs wrote:

Hi I live in Australia and have been to the CKAS factory in Melbourne. The price I got was A$6000, which would be less American dollars (about $5500 US).
Also a good graphics card Radeon 6870 or similar will allow you to run 4 monitors.
Have fun.

Thanks for the information about the price.
Personally I would get two video cards to run 4 monitors and at least a 1,000w power supply (name brand) and a minimum 8gigs of ram with a top i7 CPU.
By the way, the cards would just be for running the monitors, FSX isn't optimized for SLI or CrossFire.
Make those cards 2gigs each and you'll get great FPS.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jonnik2003 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Henry Jacobs wrote:

Have fun.

Thanks for the information about the price.
Personally I would get two video cards to run 4 monitors and at least a 1,000w power supply (name brand) and a minimum 8gigs of ram with a top i7 CPU.
By the way, the cards would just be for running the monitors, FSX isn't optimized for SLI or CrossFire.
Make those cards 2gigs each and you'll get great FPS.

Radar

For what system is such price? Seems extremely low compared to my quotation. Any contacts from the factory?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...