metricFS v1 [Open BETA] for FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
earthdog Trainee

Hi All and Happy new Year!

For the past couple of months i have been working on an application for FS2004. I incorporated some things that i wanted to be able to do when i am flying. Other than that i wanted to be able to also measure some other metrics from FS in order to use it in our vACC events.

metricFS is a freeware utility that you can use to observe and measure metrics from Microsoft’s Flight Simulator 2004. There is a donate button but it is NOT obligatory of course.

What it does for now:

• General flight information page
• 2 Types of benchmarking: Passer ("Gate" Passing , LandBench (Landing measurement of TouchDown V/S and distance from a specific point)
• KML file creation (creates a .kml file viewable in Google Earth with some information at user defined intervals)
• Live Google Maps tracking capability (This i like the most since i want to be able to see in Real World pictures where i am flying over)

If you are interested in trying it out you can visit http://www.flightsimdreams.com. You need to do a simple registration in the site. No strings attached. I just need it in order to be able to login to the support forum of the app and to be able to download the app.

I would appreciate if you go into the trouble of writing in the forum if you find some bugs or if you want features to be added. I would be very happy to do it if i can 🙂))

Please read the provided manual !!

I hope that it will help our community to enjoy our hobby more!

Thank you

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
earthdog Trainee

First of all, a big thanks to all of you that downloaded the OPEN Beta version of metricFS.

I am working on the final release of metricFS and i have decided to give you some pre release info on the features included, additional to the open beta release:

-METAR Decode tab (using VATSIM link inside the app)
-VATSIM DATA download.Download network data at user-specified intervals or on-demand. The user is able to search the data.
-Ability for alerts based on VATSIM Data. User is able to define as many IDs, Names, callsigns e.t.c for the system to notify when they come online.
-Ability to record network traffic in a given radius from a point.

Stay tuned for more...

I hope that the final release is not more than one month away!.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...