FS2004 update v1.1 - Corrupt Files

logowatchman Guest

I recently installed FS2004 update pack v1.1 offered by Microsoft and now when I start FS2004, it freezes and i get an error msg which says Completing setup. Generating scenery file indexes.

A little searching on the net revealed that this apparently due to corrupt files. Anyone else have this problem and if so, what is the fix? Thanks

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to install it by following MS's directions step by step or it won't work.
There are a number of .dll's that have to be replaced.
If you do this and it still doesn't work then a fresh install might be called for, good luck.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

RadarMan is right it's not so easy and it's the dll's. It says much of this right on the Microsoft website. Mentions something about 'if you don't feel comfortable ' with dll or blank or blank (whatever the case is there as it is listed) re-creating files etc. It's best to forego the update even though it is a cool one. I believe the update you are talking about is mainly the bridges etc?

Having said that about the cautionary verbiage, I guess it is a forgone conclusion that what is now done is done. I am sure that there are folks aboard here on Fly Away like Radar that can assist you in some way lest you have to do the most dreaded uninstall.

The Microsoft website also has some guidelines on the FS9 home page.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/support.asp

Good luck with it and I hope all works out well with this issue.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...