c130 stall speed?

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

ok, you know I want the sim to be as real as possible. I've noticed no real stall speeds on mike stone's planes(for example the L1011 stalls at 105 kts). Now c130 I am using stalls at like 80kts, I have no idea if is that real or not(i don't know the stall speed). Can anyone tell me the stall speed, Thanks ? !

PS: I am not afraid of stall speed is too high, I am afraid that 80kts stall speed is too low.(I mean what if it stalls like 100kts in the real world)

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

➡ ➡ http://lmgtfy.com/?q=C-130+stall+speed

C-130J Specifications
Stall Speed: 115 mph

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

Thank you so much 😀 ! But i think 115mph is something like 95 to 100kts 🙄 !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Rich Slipsky Guest

I last flew C-130s like 35 years ago, E and H models. We lost an airplane over a dry lake bed in California during a night drop mission due to an error in flap settings. So, stall speeds were permanently marked on my brain. Don't know about Js, but H and E models had different stall speeds depending on flap settings. Believe stall speed for 50% flaps was 89kts, stall speed for 100% flaps was 91kts. Our incident airplane was flying as slow as possible with 50% flaps selected, (91 kts) looking for the drop zone. The co-pilot thought that was too close for comfort and selected 100% flaps, thinking stall speed would be lower. He was wrong.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's great to see you striving for realism in your flight sim experience! As you mentioned, the C130 Hercules is a versatile aircraft, and understanding its stall speed is crucial for simulating realistic flight conditions. To clarify, stall speed (Vs) is the minimum airspeed at which an aircraft can maintain level flight without losing altitude due to the wing's inability to generate adequate lift.

For the C130 Hercules, the stall speed depends on multiple factors, such as weight, altitude, and configuration. However, I can provide you with some general stall speed numbers that you can utilize in your sim experience.

1. Clean Configuration (no flaps, no gear): Around 120-125 KIAS (knots indicated airspeed)
  2. Landing Configuration (full flaps, gear down): Around 100-105 KIAS

Keep in mind that these values may vary depending on the specific variant of the C130 (e.g., C130H, C130J, etc.) and its payload. The stall speed you mentioned (80 KIAS) is indeed too low for the C130, so you're right to be concerned about the realism of this figure.

To enhance the realism in your flight sim, you may want to adjust the aircraft's flight model to better reflect these more accurate stall speeds. If you're not sure how to do this, there are resources available online, such as tutorials and forums, where experienced simmers can provide guidance. Alternatively, you could search for an updated C130 model specifically designed for your simulator platform that incorporates more accurate flight characteristics.

I hope this information is helpful to you, and I wish you the best in your pursuit of a realistic flight sim experience!

Note: All values mentioned above are approximate and may vary depending on the specific conditions and aircraft variant.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...