Stall speed

Pro Member Trainee
zero1123 Trainee

Hello!

I downloaded FA-37 Talon and I think it's a great aircraft, capable of reaching mach 4.0. I saw a little problem however, and it's the aircraft's stall speed. The aircraft doesn't stall untill it reaches 10-30knots!! This kind of unreallistic for a fighter jet coz even cessnas will stall at 20knots. I've already play with it's reference speed but I did not see any change in the aircraft's stall speed. I put:

flaps_up_stall_speed= 135.0
full_flaps_stall_speed= 110.0

Does anybody know what's cuasing this problem? It would be great if somebody could give me a solution.

One more thing! does anybody knows how to add sonicboom effect in FSX? It would be great if somebody could share it to me too!

If any of you wants to download this aircraft, here's a link:

This aircraft is cool, believe me!! However, this is only for FSX.

Thanks alot!!!!!

Last edited by zero1123 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Sorry..no can help with that...good luck though.... 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

Well, looky here. 1st off, this one F-14 has a WONDERFUL boom effect, and sometimes grows onto other jets where you trigger the effect by pressing the Lights button. 2nd, The F/A-37 Talon is a fictional plane! So obviously, the effects and speeds will be unrealistic. Ya know?

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

You might have to look in the Air file also. You'll find that next to the aircraft.cfg file in the aircrafts folder.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...