Most Realistic Sound Settings

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

Hi - I bought FSX when first released but found, like many others, that my PC was found wanting in many respects....I am now at the point though where I am using FSX with decent quality and framerates and want to try and make the experience as realistic as possible.

So - the simple question is - bearing in mind I am using default FSX sounds (apart from that revolting main menu music!!), what are the most realistic sound setttings to use? When FSX is installed, all sliders are set to 50%, but I'm pretty sure this ain't right!

I know every system will differ, but I have nothing to compare it to since I've never sat in a real flight deck and would appreciate advice. I am using a 7.1 sound system, if that affects the answer.

Also, I know there are a few sound add-on packs out there....would appreciate opinions as to which ones, if any, are any good.

Greg

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Edit Voice pack is good for cockpit call outs etc.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

If you mean sound of such as aircraft engines, or something of that nature, i would highly recommend getting a TSS (turbinesoundstudios) package, it's payware but damn well worth it.

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

Thanks - will keep those in mind for future buys.....but perhaps my original post was not bery well phrased....trying to find the most realistic balance for the default sounds....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...