Building my Simpit

Pro Member Trainee
haleymon Trainee

Well it took me long enough to get started but here are the first pics.

The dashboard will be covered with thin foam and pleather (To simulate a real dash).

The bracket attached to the dash is for a Saitek Auto Pilot. The 3 brackets in the opening to the right
are for 3 Saitek radio panels (3 to make a stack).

The 3 brackets in the opening to the left are for 3 Saitek FIPs.

The 2 smaller openings at the bottom on either side are for a programmable push button panel
and a programmable toggle switch panel.

Back side - the 4 openings in the center are for 2 monitors.

Here Is the panel on its $99.00 Ikea Table.

Yoke & Auto Pilot Test fit.

Closer.

My friend and I completed this project last night. What a pain in the rear end..
I hate getting in the attic...
Even a hot shower didn't get all the fiberglass insulation out of my skin, I'm still itching today😞

This is a Dell DLP HD Projector. I chose this projector because of it's ultra bright hi res image.

Fishing this down through the wall was a whole lot of fun... NOT!

More pics to come...

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Always Check You Six...

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

WOW

I'm very impressed with the skills you have.
That will be a beauty, thank you for showing it and please keep us updated on your progress.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
haleymon Trainee

Well I got some of the Gauges, Monitors and Avionics installed this weekend. Still need to build the pedestal.

Still need to get the foam and the pleather on the dash

Radio stack Com 1 & 2, Nav 1 & 2, DME. ADF, Transponder and avionics switch bank.

Autopilot, Monitor 2 and Simulated liquid compass (not in the correct position yet).

Monitor 1, standby gauges, programmable toggle switches and yoke. The little white gauge
is connected to my motherboard so I can over clock on the fly, keep track of all temps in the
server and a few other things.

More to come...

My best,

Dave

Always Check Your Six...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice nice nice. What size monitors are you using.
Saitek or CH yoke.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
whit1721 Trainee

Great Job!!! That's very impressive!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...