Navigation Log Wrong Information

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

I've noticed that the FSX nav log seems to calculate distance and flight time incorrectly. For example, I file a log flying from DTW-ORD and it says the estimated flight time is 0:25 (25 minutes) where in reality, the flight lasts around an hour.

Is this a glitch of the nav log, or do I have something wrong with my FSX.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Well if the A/C type you have selected at the time is a fighter jet it may only take that amount of time based on the estimated air speed.

Change A/C and see what happens.

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

I usually fly with the default 738. It still gives me the 0:25 estimated flight time. If it helps, I can post an image of my nav log to Chicago using the default 737.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

The navigation log notes actual estimated flight time. That does not include taxi from gate to takeoff and landing to gate. I checked fs9 with a 737-700 and an IFR High altitude airway was 29 min and IFR Direct was 28 min. So the time you get in FSX appears to be about the same. For planning I usually add 15-20 min taxi time to each end of a flight with little or no AI traffic, and 30-45 with high AI traffic levels. Hope this helps.

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

Hmm...that might be the explanation. Now I'm wondering if the Nav Log also calculates approach too, since usually its an ILS approach and that further adds on flight time.

Any thoughts on this new speculation?

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

I don't think is does. In looking at the times on the legs, it appears that the calclulations are from point to point.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...