What exactly does SP's 1 & 2 do?

Pro Member Trainee
wack Trainee

I just downloaded Services Packs 1 and 2 for my Laptop, and They seemed to have no effect except my multiplayer crashed less, m KC-10's engines, landing gear and protrusions recived texture (Before they were black) and my T-45's 2D cockpit lost alot of quality. If you could help, that'd be great.

On another note, does anyone have the FSN Alpha Carrier?
Could that person tell me the controls for it? I cant figure out how to operate any systems.

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Like any patches they enhance the Sim and fix errors (bugs).
SP2 also enables any multicore machine to use all cores where original FSX and FSX with SP1 didn't.
There are many other fixes, too numerous to mention.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wack wrote:

On another note, does anyone have the FSN Alpha Carrier?
Could that person tell me the controls for it? I cant figure out how to operate any systems.

Thanks

Some words by one of the devs Tim Horton:

We Built the Boat for Multiplayer Thus some Issues do exsist. Until some Fantastic Program developer comes up with a work around, fs2002 code copy and pasted into the fsx.exe does have its limitations.

1. Multiplayer Aircraft cannot have a moving "fuel box" as only Scenery are allowed such things.

2. The catapults are not workable in a multiplayer environment only as scenery

3. There is a level of detail bug with fsx, and screen resolution issue that causes Glowing lights to blend together. As it stands what we have provided is as close as we can get to resolving the issue, and have worked with and tried various other work arounds.

4. When it comes to Painting, 'Considering I did all the Textures on this boat' I stand to say with referencing with my project manager on times, that we would wish Not to have repaints and file uploads to other sites done at this time, without our Direct approval. The Paint kit will not be available for Public use. Plus the Paint kit is like 400mb.

Its all in the EULA and the Manual.

Thanks for Enjoying, and Hopefully in the Future we can find some workarounds on the Basic Bugz and limitations that FSX and Microsoft have so willingly placed on what should be a developers Dream.

and:

God, we've been answering this thing hundreds of times this month. So many people saying, oh, cats are easy to do in multiplayer. But they really don't work. We set out a criteria that the cats have to be with the boat, not an add on, they have to be usable and veiwable to all players in the multiplayer session. None of these gauges that attach to aircraft and wind up giving you runtime errors or spawning boats with cats that only the user can see. That stuff doesn't fullfill our criteria.

Thats why we left the cats off in the initial update. We've had dozens of suggestions from people, most of them we've already explored and they simply weren't good enough. Our acceptance criteria is simple but the solution is not. But we are committed to find a good solution in the future.

The meatball is the same issue and I think we've done a good job making a very simple manual meatball. Again, I've never seen a meatball come close to working in a true multiplayer enviroment that all users in the session can see. Our system works fine with our boat as the FSN Alpha Carrier is built to be operated by a user in a multiplayer enviroment.

There's a crap load of people out there developing for FSX who are way smarter and have the financial backing to make cats and meatball work in a multiplayer enviroment viewable by all players...there's a reason why no ones been able to do it yet.

I assume you don't have Acceleration or you would have acquired Javier Fernandez's outstanding Nimitz.

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

SP2 also enables any multicore machine to use all cores where original FSX and FSX with SP1 didn't.

Radar

Really?! Thats weird. I'm glad I installed the 2 SP's then. Now I can use all 4 cores.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mustangfreak wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Really?! Thats weird. I'm glad I installed the 2 SP's then. Now I can use all 4 cores.

FSX was developed before multicores became commonplace for "gamers" so they had to play "catchup" with the patch.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...