Boeing 747 SP retirement landing at Rand Airport

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That is a great video of the landing. The runway is 5600 ft., short and narrow for a 747. I just completed the landing in the FS Boeing 747-400, man that runway is narrow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Airport

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Good thing that the runway was able to handle the weight. 🙂

When I get home from work, Im going to try the landing.

guest Guest

Awesome landing, hes used a lot of pitch for a slow landing. I wonder what his touchdown speed was.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

saw the video once I belive it was on flight level 350

nice find

grandpaw Guest

the standard 747 was a dream to fly, while the 747SP was a pilots worse nitemare. it always porpoised and was extremly hard to land do to the shorten fuse. that is a very good landing with a 747sp on that runway 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...