ILS

AJLandini2332 Guest

I can't get the ILS flight plan to work. I make my flight plan and start, but it doesnt load so the ATC for the flight plan doesnt work. can anyone help?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I think you mean IFR
Select <Flight Planner>
Select <departure airport>
Select <Arrival airport>
Select type <VFR> or <IFR> you want <IFR>
Select route type <GPS> <low altitude> <high altitude> or <VOR-VOR>
Select <find the route> then save it. It will then ask you if you want to move to that location click <yes>
Select <fly now>
After you are all started up, ask for IFR clearance.
Good Luck

AJLandini2332 Guest

yeah, thats what I meant. I do that but then for some reason it automatically takes me to a VFR and tells me to contact ground instead of clearance.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
I'm not sure whats happening then, if you do as jelami says above, then you should be fine. You do have to contact ground of the airport you are at to get IFR clearance. Bring up the ATC window at the beginning of the flight, and click contact ground of something similar then the option "Request IFR Clearance" should appear. If not, come back here . 🙂

AJLandini2332 Guest

yes, thats what I do. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

ok, well I'm not sure what else to suggest 😕 , someone else might have an idea.

DonWood Guest

I suggest, just before you fly, you double check all the entries in your desired flight. On anumber of occasions, I have set up a flight with a particular departure point and A/C type then clicked on "fly now". Once the systems loads, I find myself at some other airport and/or with some other A/C. I don't know if it is a system bug or if I fat-fingered the keyboard during the flight defintion phase. I do know that since I have started double checking my flight parameters as the last step before flying, it has not happed to me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...