I'm confused here... Some one please help!

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

I was looking around for good scenary for FSX and I came up on this forum where some guy was mentioning good scenary for FSX and he said this,

"Ground Environment X, and Ultimate Terrain X are great
add-ons for FSX. Both work together

Real Environment X produces outstanding Sky, Clouds, Water and
Runway textures that look real.

There's a very, very small frame rate hit even with all 3 installed.

He said that GEX, and UTX work together but what's the point of buying both of them if they're the same thing? Wouldn't it be useless to buy GEX and UTX if they're the same thing? Do both of these Terrain products work together to make the scenary EVEN better? Or are they just rival products? If they don't combine to make amazing sceneray and one or the other is better. Which one of these terrain products is better? (USA TERRAIN)

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Alot of info and opinions you read in forums regarding payware products is good - some of it is simply inane.

Your best bet is to visit the individual sites of the respective products to get at least an overview of these add-ons.

The bottom line - it's best to research each product separately on your own before you buy.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Alot of info and opinions you read in forums regarding payware products is good - some of it is simply inane.

Your best bet is to visit the individual sites of the respective products to get at least an overview of these add-ons.

The bottom line - it's best to research each product separately on your own before you buy.

I already did my own reasearch but my question is if GTX and UTX work together. If not, which one is better.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Derian wrote:

question is if GTX and UTX work together. If not, which one is better.

GEX and UTX are fully compatible. Which one is better? This is like asking which one is better, the F-18 or a Ferrari? They are different babies and can not be compared.

If the product descriptions on the Flight1 site are unclear or confusing, use Google and discover the difference between 'Environment' and 'Terrain' in flight simulator terms. Read Idea

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Would it be a + to buy them both? Like will it add even more scenary than just one of them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Strictly speaking neither GEX nor UTX is about 'scenery' in flight simulator terms.

GEX is about Ground Environment.
UTX is about Terrain.

Hence my previous suggestion.

Since there are no compatibility issues, to run both programs would obviously enhance the sim more compared to running only one.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Yeah, by scenery I meant Ground environment and stuff. I guess i'll buy them both then, thankyou. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...