Importing textures into FSX

Pro Member Trainee
markarnshaw Trainee

I'm brand new to this flight sim scenario, although I have already imported a complete HS748 from this site into FSX with great sucess. I do however have a problem getting the new colour schemes from this site into FSX.
If I'm not explaining myself correctly, I would like to have better examples of say an airbus 321 than the 4 default choices in FSX. I would like to have a BA version for example using the textures from this site. How would I achieve this?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The 'colour schemes' or textures as they are commonly referred to can be a bit of a problem especially for FSX... because even after all these years many of the repainters (texture artists) haven't learned that they have to include a thumbnail image with their texture set (this was not the case in previous versions of MSFS).
I don't even want to go into the details of the many mistakes that creep up in the parts that you must add to your aircraft.cfg file.

Now I could refer you to at least one site which explains the topic in detail... unfortunately only the moderators are allowed to do that.

So, I'd suggest to you to google for an A-321 BA -- which, when you find it will most likely include the aircraft as well which will be of a much better standard than the MS default A-321 anyway.

Again, rather than googling, I personally would go straight to the two big file libraries and use their search engines (it's quicker that way and the results are more pertinent) but as mentioned, I am not allowed to give you a link.

Pro Member Trainee
markarnshaw Trainee

Many thanks for your quick reponse Tailhook. I'll do as you suggest and get searching.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You are very welcome. A hint: Type David Maltby into your Google engine. The first entry on top of the page, click on that. Bookmark it.

Under 'Feature Pages' you'll find 'How to Install into Flight Sim'.
This whole page is a treasure trough and worth keeping for reference.

The part pertaining to the textures is at the bottom of the page in yellow. Everything you need to know and for troubleshooting is contained here.

A big thanks to David Maltby.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...