Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

FA-18 ILS/NAV

FockWulfe Guest

Does anyone know (if possible) how to use the ILS on the acceleration F!-18 Hornet? Also, how do you navigate using VOR and ADF?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Try this YouTube vid:

I don't fly the Acceleration F-18 because it's rubbish... however, there are updates available mostly authored by the members of the FSX Blue Angels team. I'd suggest for you to visit their site http://fsxblueangels.com/tutorial%20template.html - some interesting stuff there.

If you can't find the F-18 updates anywhere, I'd suggest you fly Dino Cattaneo's Cat and Goshawk. Both are fully compatible with Acceleration but behave and look so much better. Keep in mind though that both of Dino's a/c have the default F-18 VC aliased. If the VC clicking and panning around becomes a bit too frustrating, you could always try out a 2D panel (they do exist)... if you manage to have that horrible default VC plus a decent 2D panel installed, you can just switch between the two.

Pro Member Captain
GundamWZero Captain

Or you can get the F/A 18 Superbug from VRS....

I'm just sayin' Cool

Rodney J.
CEO, Southwest Virtual Airways

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it." - Erwin Rommel